BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm buying a new color fishfinder and was just wondering what kind of transducer most of you use? seems dual beam would be the best for the bay as it has a wide cone and works better in shallow water. i do not fish the ocean or anywhere deeper than the deepest part of the bay. what do you think?? thanks ,~matt

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i'm looking at the garmin 400c that only comes with dual frequency or dual beam.i was thinking the dual beam. i had the garmin 250 black and white with dual freq and it was a great unit but when i started to fish the bay it seemed "off" . ~matt

·
Registered
576 Posts
thanks, i'm looking at the garmin 400c that only comes with dual frequency or dual beam.i was thinking the dual beam. i had the garmin 250 black and white with dual freq and it was a great unit but when i started to fish the bay it seemed "off" . ~matt
I just got a 400c dual frequency over the winter. Called Garmin about the same question you have(told them the deph of the water I fish) never fish out front ,only in D.B. & AND WAS TOLD BY THEM that the d.f. would be the way to go.Will post my findings after I put the boat in.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
if your unit has a manual setting, leave it on 200 all the time this way unit will not seek proper FZ if bouncy around in rough weather in slightly deeper water. just a thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.