BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
what blades do you guys use? colorado or indiana? what lb leader? what size beads..... just want to see what other people are using
I haven't tied spinner rigs in years but I may have a ton of gold and silver spinners, beads and slide on bucktail teasers laying around. I will check next time I get down to my folks place - pretty sure I left a lot of my junk in their basement after college.

RyanF

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i tie my rigs using various size components depending on several factors
depth-current-location
obviously smaller for bay and inlet works better
larger for ocean to 50'
then even larger for say the old grounds or reef sites
#4, #5, #6 spinners
and 5mm, 6mm 7mm or 8mm beads
30-50 lb line
i like the spinners in dark or murky water, creates that extra flash to help entice a strike.
some days it's what works others it's not. glow beads are now my go to
for any dark or dirty water--has proven time and time again to be successful. even better are the glow squid bodies(b2) and glow bead
rigs i now produce..tested all season last year with undeniable results..

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
what blades do you guys use? colorado or indiana? what lb leader? what size beads..... just want to see what other people are using

I have made any spinners latly. But colorado blades. Sized to what you are going for. Let's face it flounder at 18.5 is big.

Leader size depends on where I am fishing? If I am going to fish in alot of junk I go littler. Yet I have guys use heaver and just rip it louse. I use 20 to 40 lb. on flounder.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
If I use a spinner blade I go with the smallest size I can, just to add a little flash in dirty water conditions. I don't like the blade to go past the eye of the hook so I'll use atleast two beads before the Clevis and one or two after. I tie almost all of my flounder rigs with 3 ft of 30 lb Floro and if Deepwater fluking outside I'll bump it up to 40 lb floro. With Gami Wide Gap english stye hooks and a white bucktail skirt and gulp bait.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If I use a spinner blade I go with the smallest size I can, just to add a little flash in dirty water conditions. I don't like the blade to go past the eye of the hook so I'll use atleast two beads before the Clevis and one or two after. I tie almost all of my flounder rigs with 3 ft of 30 lb Floro and if Deepwater fluking outside I'll bump it up to 40 lb floro. With Gami Wide Gap english stye hooks and a white bucktail skirt and gulp bait.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work
This is very similar to what I do. 30lb floro, hook, then 2 beeds, then a a small colorado blade. Adds a little extra flash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.