BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was Trolling In The Cigar Area On Saturday When My Penn 50 Started Screaming, Got One More Knock Down But Didnt Hook The Other. After About 100 + Yards Of Line We Turned The Fish Around And Got It Close To The Boat. The Fish Would Not Get Out Of My Prop Wash. I Turned The Boat In About 5 Circles And Sped Up. Once I Sped Up I Saw The Leader And It Took A Quick Charge Across The Engines And Snapped Free. The Fish Did Not Go Deep Like A Tuna , It Stayed On The Surface The Whole Time. I Did Not Get A Look At It Because It Was Sloppy And Overcast. My Only Geuss Is A Wahoo, Has Anyone Every Had A Fish Actually Chase The Props???

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
I frequently get tuna run at the wheels. During SJ Shark we had one of our makos trying to eat a wheel. We had to keep pushing the sticks up as I held the leader. The fish came up on a plane as we sped up and I could only envision a quick turn by the fish bringing me over to his side:eek: . Luckily though it didn't happen. We git the clean release.

Typically wahoo bolt off and then become logs. Foul hooked fish though can plane toward the wheels. Could be any kind in that case...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts