BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an old parker (1992) with the original 250 hp yamaha. I'm replacing the fuel line this year and want to replace the fuel filter bracket too. I'm thinking of using a raycor/parker setup with a metal bowl (below deck). I'm hoping I will have less fuel issues with this setup then I've had with just a spin on filter. Any opinions / experiences with this setup would be great. Also, can anyone confirm the flow rate I need. Thinking of repowering in a year or so, hoping I can use this setup on the new 4stroke yamaha too. Thanks Chris. In Surf city on Lbi.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
I have an old parker (1992) with the original 250 hp yamaha. I'm replacing the fuel line this year and want to replace the fuel filter bracket too. I'm thinking of using a raycor/parker setup with a metal bowl (below deck). I'm hoping I will have less fuel issues with this setup then I've had with just a spin on filter. Any opinions / experiences with this setup would be great. Also, can anyone confirm the flow rate I need. Thinking of repowering in a year or so, hoping I can use this setup on the new 4stroke yamaha too. Thanks Chris. In Surf city on Lbi.
Yes, stick with the Racor 60gph standard. 3/8" A1 USCG approved under deck fuel hose with an A6 or better ethanol rating. 99% of the hose on the market meets these spec, but if you are changing hose barbs you need 3/8" with a min of 9/32" ID.

You can go with the Racor clear plastic bowl if you want. USCG states a metal bowl needs to be used if it's placed in a compartment with heat producing machinery(an engine) That usually only applies to sterndrives and inboards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.