BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about shimmano travella rod for flounder what size and wieght del bay and out front

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
too heavy, their action is designed for off-shore jigging. When it comes to flounder go as light as possible. Delaware Bay does not require a anything heavy, depending on how deep out front your fishing say with something light-medium. If your fishing deep water near-offshore step up to medium.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Shimano talavera 10-20lb. Good backbone, nice soft tip. Work a tiny bucktail with it, but when that doormat comes calling, you wont be scared. $90, and good for everything. I've even had bass up to 20lbs on mine and it wasn't too bad

·
Registered
279 Posts
I bought mine from fishermans supply and the reel seat, but I don't know what sponser have them. I might have an extra f/s if your interested in that route

·
Registered
254 Posts
about shimmano travella rod for flounder what size and wieght del bay and out front
hey msg, there are two types of trevalas, the heavy ones for offshore, or the insure trevala s,which i use for flukin in the bays, they come so light i actually use one for large mouth bass fishing in freshwater, we stock them all.
call if interested, ray

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was looking at the same rods, saw the traveala s, @ outdoor show last weekend, really nice n light, just debating what size to get for fluking debate ranging from XL to L or M

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seen them at the show

wasn't sure which one to go with either i have a cabella gift card i'm going to go there with a 4oz wieght on some line and try to get a feel thanks again

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was looking at the same rods, saw the traveala s, @ outdoor show last weekend, really nice n light, just debating what size to get for fluking debate ranging from XL to L or M
hey maycraft04, i use the xxl for freshwater and the light to med for flukin with a small daiwa saltist on it, and a stradic ci4 on the spinner, you will absolutly love the feel of the trevala s. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts