BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I'm going to do some early fishing for striper what strategy would be the best to start with? Bloods, clam, articials, mackeral? Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Run a search on some of the things you just mentioned. If your fishing daytime than its a bait fishery. Night time fish are more aggressive/active. Try to find some holes(backbay) adjacent to some flats. Bright sunny outgoing tide day the fish will be up on the flats chasing baitfish/shrimp/crabs. boat trafic will effect it greatly. another 2-3 weeks or so and the fish will be all over the bays. Bloodworms would be my first choice, fresh clam my second. for artificials i prefer the powerbait shads....they have treated me well in the spring.

Nick

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I've got 21 bass the last 3 days. DAYS being the keyword. Havn't put bait on a hook. Plugs,plugs or plugs. Spring for me is pluggin @ it's best. Rivers!! mullica,tackahoe,egg harbor....get the idea. Gold plugs....There eatin gold.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking I'll just try it all! I think the clam and circles will come in handy during the beer drinking time on the dock! Is No Bones stocked and ready yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts