BASS BARN banner

Whats your fav ramp for the del river?

2K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  Ventura 
#1 ·
I am looking to go out in my 14' flat in the del river!! I'd like to hear some of the good ramps on pa side!! Is there any near the Walt? Or Ben? Thanks

#8 ·
Wilson116750 said:
Ohh Great!! I guess I wont be using the ramp soon!! When wa sthe last time you were at that ramp?
Sunday morning. Pretty bad, but nothing a pickup with a snow plow or winch couldn't handle in a short time. It's just frustrating that its been that way for a few weeks now. With stripers starting to bite in that stretch of river, it needs to get taken care of soon.

#10 ·
NJAngler Bill said:
If you plan on using Linden in the near future, you might want to bring along some very large friends, as the ramp is completely clogged with BIG wood that needs to be cleared before a car or truck can back down. Kayaks are OK, though :)
Bill, be careful there. launced there a few years back for a CGAUX patrol and my car was broken into. Two bags were stolen from vehicle. Heard rumors that they have guards there now during the season, but I ma not 100% sure of that. I use a ramp on Creek Road in Bellmawr, NJ (Hargrove Marina). Mr. H. is a nice guy and very accomodating. However, have to be in by 6:00. There is another ramp in Glouster City near the old CG Station. However, I have been in there at low water and it is very shallow. Not sure of hours Good luck to all.

#11 ·
There is a good ramp just south of the Taconey. I think it is the Arsenal ramp. Right off state rd. Linden ave is also good, but they actually screwed up the parking with the improvement project last year. The best is the ramp at Neshaminy that was free ramp in a State Park now a pay ramp owned by the State park:mad: .

#13 ·
It is a little farther up the river than you guys are discussing, but before I bought my house in Mystic Islands, I was in the river every weekend. I used the ramp at the Neshaminany Park where the Neshaminany creek enters the river in Croyden, PA (near Jacks Marina). I tried the ramp on the river, but then you have to contend with the current and debris. If you continue through the parking area, the big ramp is on the south side of the area. There is a long dock and virtually no current. I have not been there in 15 years, but it is worth checking out. It was a 45 minute run by boat down to the Penns Landing and nother 45 minutes or so up to Trenton with a lot of nice fishing in between.

#15 ·
You may want to try the ramp in Chester at the bottom of the Commodore Barry Bridge, since you are coming from Collegeville it's 5 minutes off the blue route. Nice ramp plenty of parking, police patrol it all the time. Others can give more info on here.

#19 ·
Steve Wdz said:
You may want to try the ramp in Chester at the bottom of the Commodore Barry Bridge, since you are coming from Collegeville it's 5 minutes off the blue route. Nice ramp plenty of parking, police patrol it all the time. Others can give more info on here.
Steve, you say it is patroled now? I was there a few years back and was lucky to get out alive. Haven't been back since but would love to use it if it's safe, I live just on the Jersey side of the bridge.

#22 ·
Linden ave ramp can be tough when the river is ripping on the incoming or outgoing, Aresenal ramp is the same deal, you are launching right into the river directly. I have used most of the ramps up and down the river from Yardley down to the Frankford Aresenal, by far the best is Neshaminy, and again not free anymore, but has a nice wide ramp that can accomodate at least 4 "smart" boaters, good deal of dock space and it is away from the general public so not many down there other than boaters and skiers. Aresenal ramp is close to "da hood" so break ins are likely, Linden Ave is not much better, Pebble Beach(Princeton Ave) is basically useless, and Station Ave is useless as well. Neshaminy is inside a cove so the launch is protected, no current to deal with, just a little narrow going in and out of the actual cove and semi shallow @ low, but the ramp is nice and deep even in a dead low. We launch @ 23 cc out of there all the time, and I have a few buddies that have go fasts up to 34ft that have no problems there.

#23 ·
I have a couple I really like...the one in Trenton was nice...but the peer got washed away a few years back and I don't think there are any plans to rebuild them...the one in Bordentown is nice, but you'll either need to get a daily pass (last time I checked, it was $10, or a season pass, about $100...you need to be off the ramp at 9pm...

Since you've got a smaller aluminum boat, you could also head out of Yardley, last time I checked, it was free...nothing to dock onto, just shoreline...lots of good fishing there, smallmouth, stripers, etc...pulled a nice 39" striper out of there one night...

Good luck...

Dave

#24 ·
I work about six blocks from there and have been back there a few times just to check it out and eat lunch. I see the cops driving through quite a bit. The area has changed since they rebuilt 2nd street. They tore down most of the houses on the river side of 2nd street and now they are building the soccer stadium (late summer)next to the ramp the whole area will be cleaned out. A few guys on this site use it so let them chime in when they see this post.
bullseye11f150 said:
Steve, you say it is patroled now? I was there a few years back and was lucky to get out alive. Haven't been back since but would love to use it if it's safe, I live just on the Jersey side of the bridge.

#26 ·
I believe Bridgeport Marine is closed. Not many choices on the lower River. Ridley Muni marina does not open till 10:00 AM if you are not a season pass holder. :confused:

I will be using Chester. By the way did a recon of that area this morning and the floating docks are not in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.