BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With one week to go I've been going over all my tackle and reorganizing all my bucktails.

I know some who say any color is good as long as its white and use the lightest weight that will get to the bottom.

I've also heard sharpies say a yellow head with yellow and red tail is a fluke killer.

In addition to the standard round bucktails in white, white/red, white/yellow, over the winter I picked up an assortment of different colors and shapes of bucktails including boxing glove, wigglers and arrows in assorted colors.

What's your favorite color, shape and weight of bucktail for putting fluke in your cooler? ;)

One week and counting

Greg

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I like a 3/8 or 1/4 oz. shad dart topped off with some fresh herring or some smoked bacon!!!! :D

Shad dart should be green with white hair trimmed up to just see the hook (barb)!! ;)

·
Registered
12,873 Posts
Capt TatesNow Hands) 1.19 specials(1/2 oz) for backbay with the joeboy teaser. hunter green/white and white/pink. Hmm gotta pick some of these up this week

[ 05-02-2005, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
16,352 Posts
Deep water, White Andrus or Spro, just enough weight to be able to bounce it off the bottom, tipped w/ strip bait doubled up and a spearing. In the back, white Andrus fluke darts tipped w/ a minnow.

[ 05-02-2005, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.