BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
With all the throwbacks (shorts) I'm catching, I'm using circle hooks. The Kahles seem to produce a lot of gill or gut hooking. Yeah, I miss a lot more fish with the circles.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Originally posted by Olbarny:
With all the throwbacks (shorts) I'm catching, I'm using circle hooks. The Kahles seem to produce a lot of gill or gut hooking. Yeah, I miss a lot more fish with the circles.
I don't deadstick when flounder fishing due to that problem! Besides in the back I am always jigging for em.

·
Registered
16,324 Posts
Kahle hooks in 3/0 - bay & 4/0 - Ocean for single hook rigs. 4/0 and 5/0 Octupus for double hook rigs but I prefer 5/0 Salmon hooks when I can find em.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
small bucktails do the job in the back

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Is the difference between sizes in the gap and length of the kahle hooks? I have 1/0 and 2/0 and I can't tell the difference. I've always used 2/0 and and never had a problem. Maybe I'll check out the 4/0-5/0.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
started using Gami octopus hooks a few yrs back...now they are my go to hook for just about everything, only thing that changes is the size depending on species and fishing technique...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Owners circle, 3/0 for back bay and 4/0-5/0 offshore. Never had a problem with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts