BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another year ready to start so let's find out what you guys like to fish for. Me hands down flounder. lol

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
1 drifting for fluke
2 bucktailing & plugging

·
Registered
374 Posts
40" bass on 20" flats nailing poppers cannot be beat! you guys can have all the blufins in the world-as long as I'm still the only one fishing back there:wave:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think any kind of fishing with topwater stuff is my favorite. Seeing a fish swirl around your lure and then swing...and miss...then swing again and hit....that's truly amazing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
changing it up this year going after blues in the back hope they show up in good numbers:thumbsup:

Oh they will...I have to say when the slammers come on the flats thats pretty cool too...most people hate em, not me...I bet this year the racers are in the back by april 1st:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I think any kind of fishing with topwater stuff is my favorite. Seeing a fish swirl around your lure and then swing...and miss...then swing again and hit....that's truly amazing. :thumbsup:

I'm there, :D........there is no greater thrill, I think back to the " the first time " you hook up on topwater is like Heroin, you chase that dragon for the adenaline rush.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For me it seems that if I'm striper fishing, I think I like that best......then when fuking, I like that best. Same for blackfish and the once or twice a year party boat tuna trip........I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!!! So....I guess my answer is.....what ever I'm fishing for?????

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Mine is anytime I can shut the motor off, and drift. Hardly ever happens, usually have to be backing into the wind. When the noseeums are biting one can drift along a foam line. Nothing beats that for me. Have to have bug spray.

·
Registered
270 Posts
itll sound dumb but sabiki fishing for thread herring. there is just something about filling up the livewell w those beautiful little things and then the anticipation of what they will entice to strike... inshore, offshore, bay, beach, bridge everything eats them....lovem...

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Fall chunking. Out there in the rain and 50 degree weather waiting for a biggun to come thru and eat a chunk is awesome. Love the sound of a clicker screamin. Second to my new favorite fishing.... Night stripers

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Ah man, for me, chunkin' in the D-bay & poppin' in back waters for bass, floating for fluke, wreck rockin' for C-bass & tog. Also, enjoy the ocassional off shore forray for tuna & marlin!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Only been fishing the Bay regularly for about 3-4 yrs so there is still lots to learn. . . Without divulging to much "secret" info could someone pass along some tips for topwater striper?? I have never had the pleasure and I am most intrigued at the possibilities since I have always been a fan of topwater freshwater fishing. . .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts