BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats pretty mutch it!! Just wait till you see a millon people in the same spot, thats where all the bass are..:thumbsup:

River fishing is sooooooo simple, just wait for someone to find them for you. And then go there:rolleyes:

·
Registered
531 Posts
They're there already! I saw 4 or 5 hanging around the jewelry store at the hill-top last night. Nice'uns too!:D

Seriously, keep an eye on the water temps and then go from there. The fish don't have calendars.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi mrfishfreak

middle to the end april is a good time (the bass are there earlier) but your percentage goes up as they come through thicker.especially if you dont have alot of time throughout the striper run.chunk herring is something you have to have in your arsenel.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
dont forget chunking shad..if you catch them small enough fish em whole if there big chunk em. if your at a heavy fished area where 20 people are chunking herring the shad will hook up. i have 5 14inchers in the freezer heading for the river after work this week.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Only open if you fish upstream of the Calhoun Street Bridge - below that it is closed (C&R just like NJ) From April 1, until June 1.

From the Pennsylvania state line upstream to Calhoun Street Bridge - Jan. 1 through March 31 and June 1 through Dec. 31

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/fishpub/summary/delaware.html
Esquired- I would re-read that link. Their exact language: "From the Pennsylvania state line upstream to Calhoun Street Bridge - April 1 through May 31". (2) fish at 20-26".

Above Calhoun Street, it is open year round but (2) fish over 28".

Also, remember that it doesn't matter if you are fishing a NJ or PA license. You just have to LAND the fish in PA. Land does not refer to what side of the river you catch the fish. Land means where you land your boat, yourself and the fish. You have to walk away from the water on the PA side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.