BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the C.M. area and expect lots of family to visit me, which they did not when I lived in the big city. Some will be fishermen/women, so I want to be able to tell them when the fish are biting best. If its too long to post in a forum, can someone give me a good book, magazine or chart reference for approximate dates when each popular fish species runs up and down the Delaware River or along the coast near the entrances of the C.M. canal (Higbee Beach, C.M. harbor, C.M. Point, etc.)?

If the reference also includes suggested bait for each of the species, that would be valuable info too.

Thanks much for your help.

Norm

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
April is a good time! to start for stripers! Use clam or blood worms! Go to CM point or the CM beach front, for surf fishing!

Also, if you have anyone that would like to go fishing on a boat...There are boats on this site that do OPEN BOAT trips... Which means if you only have a couple or few people...you will not have to pay for a full priced charter...Most boats are around $80 per person...That's what we charge as well! We do very well in the spring with stripers...and all you have to do is show up with some food and a drink of some sort! We supply the rods, bait and all the tackle!

Good luck this season! ;)

[ 03-11-2005, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Don't know if I am doing a good thing or a bad thing here since they are not a bass barn sponsor, but I think its a good thing that will give you a decent idea about SJ.

Check out the fishing calendar at gibsontackle.com

If this is a problem, can the moderator please delete the post.

RyanF

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
when targeting striper out of cape may in late april, generally speaking, what is the method of fishing? Jigging in the rips, eels, clam on the ocean side, etc. Ive only ever gone out in the fall.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
It really depends on where the fish decide to set up camp! Most years we catch them in the end of March and all through April in the rips...last year they bit there for like 2 weeks and then we fished up in the D-bay anchored with clam!

But to awnser your ??? about what to use in the rips in the spring....WHITE 1OZ BUCKTAIL with a strip of mackeral is what is mostly used in the spring! ;)

[ 03-11-2005, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Mikalac- welcome to the Barn and Cape May.
Hope ta see you out there someday.
Good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Late at night when its real dark out. If you leave a local "watering hole", or drinking establishment, and if you had enough liquid refreshment, you just may see fish running around Cape May. Welcome to the Barn,and the area, and good luck fishing, and looking for those fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts