BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try to be brief. Fished Friday-Sunday. Put in over 35 hours of fishing. Friday,late afternoon in the rain I hooked a huge striper from shore in the backbay. I was wearing full rain gear. The striper got wraped around a pole. I could not get the line off from the shore so I decided to jump in the water and swim to the pole and untangle the line, in all my clothes and raingear. Could not get it unwraped from the pole. Barely was able to swim back in all my clothes. Fish finally broke off.
Fished sun up to sun down Saturday. Then was in the greater atlantic bluefish tounament on Sunday.
Do I need help ? Is anybody else out there as addicted ?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I am that addicted, i once was knocked off the barnegat south jetty by a wave while trying to gaff a big striper, at 2am in the morning by myself, i was bobbing around the inlet with a rod in one hand and a gaff with a fish on it in the other hand, and i was debating wether or not to drop the gaff with the fish on it, fortunately i came to my senses and let the gaff go, i couldn't shake the fish off the gaff, after i finally got back onto the rocks, and believe me that was not very easy, even with corkers on, i looked like someone had just fillet me, my leggs were covered in blood, for the barnacles on the rocks, but i gathered myself and fished another 2 hours until sunup, i was walking off the jetty as people were coming on, you should of seen the looks i was getting.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reminding me, iggy, after my swim, I went back to my house and changed my clothes then fished until dark, with my head low due to the lost striper

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Trust me on this one, Esox needs help.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
you have issues/ be carefull !

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very funny mddle, degs does not fish, his opinion on this subject is not needed, my feeling is if I am going to do something then I am going to do it right.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Who needs a rod, Esox will use his teeth.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not as crazy as Esox or Iggy, but I'll never forget a fish story of about 8-9 yrs ago. I was weakfishing alone at around 6am anchored in Paddys Hole(ICW) smoking a cigar when suddenly one of the deadstick rods went flying out of the gunnel into the water. I never thought twice and just jumped in after it losing the cigar but saving the rod and a nice weakie. Totally soaked, I continued to boat a few more. I cannot imagine what the nearby fisherman were thinking!
I think most of us here are crazy to some extent and would do whatever it takes to land the fish.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
sounds like you're doin it right to me

·
Registered
772 Posts
I can tell you I used to do things like have been described all the time. Now I at least think before doing them....I figure my kids need me more than I need the fish. Of course once they hit 18 years old I'm going back to the way I used to be.

With that being said, yes you are pretty nuts, but what the heck. Just because you are a little crazy doesn't mean you need help! Just stick with the first step of overcoming an addiction....DENIAL. Never move past DENIAL!

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
No fish is worth your life. I used to fish 6 out of the 7 days, but I now have a wife and 2 children(Ages 2 & 1) and they are more important to me. Don't get me wrong I still love fishing, but I have to curtail my time between family, work, and fishing. It does take a toll and I'm not able to investigate different fishing spots, but thats why I'm on here to get as many tips as possible. Right Iggy ;)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
One time tuna fishing for bluefin a big burly guy was on his knees crying with a snot bubble hanging from his nose let a 120lb fish get wrapped around the underwater gear. I told my brother to tie a rope onto something and dove in, swam under the boat and untangled the line. I climbed back on-board took the rod from the guy and reeled in the fish. That was a long time ago and wouldn't do it now.
Also one time my freind and I dove in out in PoorMans and petted a whale shark. Bill

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Used to travel from Phila to Cape May to fish the Miss Chris leaving at 7:00 AM. When we arrived back at port at 3:00 PM I would drive back to Phila shower up and meet my friends at the Delaware river at 8:00 PM to fish for caties and stripers until 2-3 in the morning. Then there are those Sunday Blue Fish trips on the Adventurer out of Wildwood, 8 hour trip gets you back to port by 3:00 AM home by 5:00 AM at work by 9:00 AM. And I Though I was the only one :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
if fishing is so relexing why am i so tieded at the end of the day ? don't tell me it's from all the fresh air! yap we're not rigth

freedom

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
BILL C--NEXT TIME A FISH IS WRAPPED IN THE GEAR TAKE TWO HEAVY JIGS HOOK THEM TOGETHER DROP THEM DOW THE FRONT AND WALK BAC THE SIDES AND YOU SHOULD GET THE LINE---CUT WRAP AND TIE FAST IT WORKS.

MANY MOONS AGO WHEN I WAS A TEEN ME AND A FRIEND WOULD FISH ON MY FATHERS BOAT TILL 4:00PM JUMP IN THE CAR AND GO TO BELLMAR TO FISH ON THE OLD LENNY FOR NIGHT BLUES.DID IT A FEW TIMES.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Wow esox and iggy do need help!!....I figure that when I ride my bike with no brakes in the middle of the night 5 miles each way to fish...and then home with fish slung over my shoulder, bike swerving all over, and sometimes not going to sleep at all b/c iam afraid i wont wake up at 4 am for the tide.....that could be a little too much....so im told

1 - 20 of 20 Posts