BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Ive had great surf action towards april 20th on clam. They arent huge fish, but you can pull a few 10-15lb fish out of the mix. The biggers girls will show up in mid may, or whenever the bunker start pushing this way.

·
Registered
791 Posts
when the big d river stops producing it time to hit the beach. give or take a week or two.:D

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Phiilyfishing, if you are talking stripers, then what slimedog said is about right, which is usually late april or early may. I've had my most consistant action when water temp hits around 53 degrees or higher. Which usually occurs early may. However, if you want a cow, late may-early june is prime time. But thats just my opinon:D

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I did not know you fished the sand Paul??Tell you what outfront usually when the water has warmed up and into the high 40's to low 50's.So it all depends on the weather.

FC

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I agree with Slimedog - keep an eye on the fishing in the River because you are going to want to be ready when they start dumping back out. If you wait for the bunker to show up then you have already missed the clam bite. Fishing artificials really kicks into gear when the bunker show up though.

Just read a 40 degree bottom temp at the end of 23rd street in Avalon. Gonna check at the bottom of the tide to see if we gained a few degrees. Should be some bass starting to move around a bit in the back.

RyanF

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
My logs say last week of April past few years. I don't pay attention to water temp, I just get out when I can and it seems late April is about that time.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
When Loopy calls me and tells me he needs some elestric string. Then I know it's time to get down there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
When Loopy calls me and tells me he needs some elestric string. Then I know it's time to get down there. :thumbsup:
Word is Loopy has enough elastic string to last a life
time. I think he bought out a store. He may never call any of us when he starts catching.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.