BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far the weather for the weekend doesn't sound like fun. The rips and bay could get real ugly and dangerous but you still want to fish.

I know I beat this like a dead horse but give the back bays their shot. Big fish and lots of fish are ready to make it a fun day. So far this season many barners have found out just how much fun back bay striper fishing can be.

Anchor up in protected waters and chunk them in. You can factor the wind right out of your trip and turn a day stuck at the dock into fish in the box. wind + anchor + clam = STRIPER. If you have any questions you can call me at the dock between 6am and 6pm. Always happy to talk.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I have to second this as Fred has saved the day for me once already this year. It was blowing steady 25 plus but with the clam bellies and the back bays we were able to boat fish upto 35 inches and had a very comfortable day without getting beat up.

Depending on how long you will be out ask fred for the amount of clam bellies you will need because we cut ourselves a little short in that department.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
As Fishinphanatic says, Fred has saved the day for a number of us this year.

Give him a call, he won't steer you wrong.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Call No Bones Bait & Tackle. He's next to Uries.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes my friend ReelQuick is finding out week-after-week as he keeps besting his personal record he is now up to twenty -five pounds and were hitting the back bays again Sat . night no matter what the weather. it doesnt matter back there.! fish em up

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Thanks to Fred, I was able to catch a double header of flounder using clam bellies two weeks ago......Tks Fred..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Me too!!! Left the big boat at the dock, took the little boat and a bucket of clam bellies and caught my limit twice last week. Saved time and fuel. Tried again yesterday but I think the water was too dirty because of all the wind.

Neverbetter in Avalon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts