BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Yeah that's some sobering advice. First couple of days over 45, I need to put this yak in a nice shallow pond and make all the necessary mistakes in a low-stakes environment. So what if I catch a couple crappies, right? :)

· Registered
97 Posts
All good advice. As I'm reading you I'm realizing I need to spend a lot of time ALONE in this kayak before bringing a passenger (my boy). I have to know what I"m doing before he climbs in and complicates matters. Thanks as usual.

· Registered
97 Posts
Hi Barrell: Yes the posts on this thread have persuaded me to spend this spring in my county pond where I can walk to shore if need be. I don't intend to hit the back bays until May (I know I will have a lot of free time then, and until then I can practice around the corner in my pond).

Nonetheless, I wonder if neoprene waders help, even in a county pond. I can imagine water dripping all over my lap from paddles, a flopping fish (hopefully) etc. Is neoprene a good way to stay comfortable in such a wet environment in chilly weather?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.