BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you think the bay will turn on for stripers, what's the starting water temp in the spring or is it after the full moon next Friday:confused:

Won't be long now:)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
watch the open boat forum, those guys speak the truth, when they start putting fish in the box they spread the word! I know there are several guys starting trips this week so it can't be long now......:):)

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Deep - Del Bay will " turn on" ..........meaning the fish will start biting when I press the secret switch, located in a secret location, along the edge of the bay.

Each year, I go down to the bay, open the secret access hatch, and push the button.

Stripers will then start hitting baits.

Stay tuned, and I hope you have a great fishing season.
Regards

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
John, I was thinking the week before Easter to try but the other half's got me tied up with pre-holiday jazz. This cold front doesn't help much either. There's nothing more frustrating than marking a ton of lock jawed fish because the temps are too low.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I would say any day now. The water is really dirty right now. If we could get a couple days without the wind it would clean up and I'm sure they would bite.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, itching to get out for sure:) Whats the #1 to get em going in the spring, moon phase or water temp:confused: I'd think its all about water temp and baitfish in the area to get em active.

Paul - tell the wife she had all winter to get the honey do's done, its about time to go fishing:D

Bigsexy - I was thinking the same, remember this time last year guys had em pretty good on plugs in the bay. Herring are moving up so the stripers have to be hot on their tail.

bgreene - give me a heads up when you filp the switch so I make sure I get the pass for the day:D

dread - yep, those guys are the best and the first sign its time to headout after em.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
zar2754 said:
2 more weeks, with clean water.

and it will be reallllllly good come the 2nd and 3rd week of April
Agreed!!!! There will be a surface plug and bomber bite before that though.As soon as a little clean shows up.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
DEEP POCKETS said:
When do you think the bay will turn on for stripers, what's the starting water temp in the spring or is it after the full moon next Friday:confused:

Won't be long now:)
Historically, it doesn't happen until the dogwoods bloom. It's early yet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
secret switch

:confused: Could you tell us if this "secret switch" you talk about is anywere near the " secret plug" people talk about to drain the bay?:D

·
Registered
464 Posts
bgreene said:
Deep - Del Bay will " turn on" ..........meaning the fish will start biting when I press the secret switch, located in a secret location, along the edge of the bay.

Each year, I go down to the bay, open the secret access hatch, and push the button.

Stripers will then start hitting baits.

Stay tuned, and I hope you have a great fishing season.
Regards
bennett...when those aliens abducted you, did they touch you inappropriately?:D

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
We tried yesterday,judging by the murky water (really bad) it will be another week or so.
At least the bait is around,tons of it!!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I agree with Adam. It wasn't until about the March 26th that it turned on last year. I was hoping with the warmer temps over the next few days it would help. But the wind won't give us a break. I gotta give ya props for trying Adam!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
BigSexy said:
I agree with Adam. It wasn't until about the March 26th that it turned on last year. I was hoping with the warmer temps over the next few days it would help. But the wind won't give us a break. I gotta give ya props for trying Adam!
Yeah, that would be about the time that the dogwoods bloom.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys for the feedback, especially the on the water reports. Sounds like theres plenty of bait around, just need for it to clear/warm up a bit:)

Time to get ready:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts