BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumped into a buddy at the bar last night... it must be March because one of the first topics over good scotch & cold beer was splash dates.

Backbay water is holding pretty steady in the low 40's right now....

We figured weekend after next is lookin pretty good.

Got a date?

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
i am getting ready.. Should be the last week of march since i got a wedding not this but next weekend to go to... plus it is the St pattys day parade in seaside heights nj which is a complete drunk fest!

Big boat going in April 1st
Center Console going on the trailer this year to travel the state!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Been in all year. :D Haven't moved the boat since late December though. :mad: I've been tinkering on weekends all winter when time allows, going to be pulling, painting, changing zincs and cleaning/waxing in the next few weeks. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Heading down tomorrow to check on repairs and give the go ahead to splash her as soon as possible. Between the back bays starting to turn on and the wreck fishing still being so good it sounds like the perfect time!!!

By the way anybody have any idea when the mackerel should be swinging back through? Usually the first or second week of April if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
We should be in around tax day. The bottom is being soda blasted now then painted and we will be ready to go.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I dont know if they are going to come back thru.. It is like hit or miss and finding them by mistake this past year... They were also wayyyyyy wayyy wayyy offshore!!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I don't even think about it until MAy. Sorry but my passion is offshore. Sharks really don't start in force around this way until May so thats the earliest the boat gets in.

To me i would rather fish June until Nov. rather then Mar. until Sept.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Usually come back thru...

Usually they'll swing back thru the mudhole area sometime in april. Maybe I'm just being hopeful but they were there for a while in January so who knows.

Big Jay...Mar thru Sept.....not this boat we fish March thru December!!

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
little boat is in since march first
big boat isnt guuna get in till around april or may

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
As soon as Harry turns on the water!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts