BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the water is wayyyy too warm right now...but around what date do you guys expect to start catching stripers in the delaware bay?

[ 08-24-2005, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Ryan D. ]

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Go at night. They never left.

The water temp has dropped, too. It's not nearly as warm as it was a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mainly seeing shorts and slots in the bays right now w/ an occasional rogue lunker that missed the bus. Action will probably get better late September.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
mid oct to late dec. I'm taking off all but 6 days in nov and will be out every possible day weather permitting. I gotta break 50". 48" last fall biggest. I'll fish right up till X-mas. then I pull the boat out. Chunking of course.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Sometimes the striper bite starts in late September, so you have to be ready.

I usually plan to tuna fish through the second week of October, and than switch over to "squidhounds".

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
50" I WOULD BE HAPPY WITH ONE I COULD TKAE HOME FOR DINNER.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys....

i'm just looking for my first keeper on my boat.

my goals this year: one over 34"

that's all, i'm not asking much.

CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan D.:
thanks guys....

CAN'T WAIT!
I have faith in you buddy. My goal is to get one from the beach with a wooden swimmer. Also to catch a blitz. I always seem to be there the day after one goes down :(

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by mch:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ryan D.:
thanks guys....

CAN'T WAIT!
I have faith in you buddy. My goal is to get one from the beach with a wooden swimmer. Also to catch a blitz. I always seem to be there the day after one goes down :( </font>[/QUOTE]Isn't that ALWAYS the case? Seems like whenever I go fishing I hear "YOU SHOULDA BEEN HERE YESTERDAY!!!". Thus is the lamented life of the fisherman ;)

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
My wife says she wants to meet this "guy" that is always next to me catching fish.
When I go fishing I'll call her & say "I didnt catch anything but this guy next to me......" :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan D.:
thanks guys....

CAN'T WAIT!
Ryan D,

Get some fresh Bunker and throw out a big noggin and do some chunking on a drop off and the big fish will come ;) Just have to be patient
Come on November :D :D

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
It may be a late year, I have had more of my tagegd fish re-caught in Maine and New Hampshire this year than in any of last 10 years
One bass I tagged on May 5th was re-caught on July 6th in New Hampshire. Fish seem to have moved fast and further north than years past.
No doubt a little cooler water will get residents moving but the migration may be little later than usual

1 - 16 of 16 Posts