BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen many kayak posts. Fished Friday and Sunday around OC. Friday late afternoon produced 15-18 shorts (18-24") on chartruese speckled curly tail. Water is still uglier than ever. Bites were subtle and took some enticing. Sunday had bigger fish but fewer of them. Fish between 18-29" with multiple 23-26" fish. Why are the the hits not more aggressive? Water temp? Water clarity? I believe they are some bigger fish yet to appear.

[ 11-28-2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Jim,
We are still around, have been fishing other spots up north and sodbank fishing. May try again later this week in the north OC area. If I go out I'll try to send you an email or posting. Keith the bagman
P.S. Next couple of days look like S--t. Another blow coming through and maybe some rain. Like I said, after the next blow. Keep an eye on the temps.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Between weather, boat trips, and a cold, I have not been out for two weeks. WIll try this weekend. Anyone interested in CISP let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear there are guys still fishing. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this season yet. I'm going to try for maybe Wed. 12:45-3:00pm around OC and Sun. 2:00-4:30 pm again. Let me know.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Would love to join anyone in the LBI area in the spring/summer to learn how to yak fish. I bought mine in mid-late summer but didn't get the chance to really try it out with fishing.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Keys,
Are you still catching?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by egghead:
Keys,
Are you still catching?
Yeah
I was out all last week in that bitter 20 degree cold with all that wind..getting abused...but loving every minute of it. ;) Im working the late night tides. Fish were on grass shrimp, spearing and P'nuts. Grass shrimp teasers were automatic.

·
Registered
16,683 Posts
You yakkers sure are dedicated (nutz). Please be careful out there! That water is real cold.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
The sharp drop in water temp shocks the fish turns off the bite. I do notice when the water gets to 45 and below they bite very subtle I guess the cold water makes the fish sluggish.

Back bay water temp for Great bay last saturday was 38-40 at dead low tide. Kayaker's please be careful. Stay warm & catch em up.

[ 11-30-2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
hey jim, i met you last summer on one of those OC jetties, we caught a few short bass, member?

Anyways, been doin alot more boat fishin this year, have only had the yak out about a half dozen times all year.

Gettin kinda cold now and since i do not yet have the correct cold water gear, the yaks will stay put till spring time. Hope to see ya on da rocks!!! - SJB

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
JohnnyD is still fishing. Oh you mean kayakers not yackers. :D ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.