BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good bait and tackle shop for green crabs?

I just tried to call whale creek marina, but got a fax machine :(

Are they open yet?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
The old Captn Tates used to have them and Hands had them...you can also trap them and pen them for yourself..thats what I do...much cheaper than 3 dollars a dozen...

Phil L

·
Registered
468 Posts
on low tide in ocean city next to longport walk down to the rocks and turn them over lots of green crabs that is were i get them from.

[ 05-11-2005, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
MV, you gotta be boatin em right (for the stink)? If not, might go for ANY crab species, be it sand fleas, calicos, fiddlers, blueclaws or hermits. All work without the stink
IMHO
Blowfishct, apperciate your willingness to help but believe your stock site will be no more once ALL see your post. May want to EDIT POST & substitute a "general" statement my friend ;)

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
WITHOUT question THE AVALON HODGE PODGE

It's 20 blocks ever the bridge,

Dave and Tammy catch them themselves. Big crabs, at least 4 baits per crab. Wanaa say about 3.99 a dozen

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,
Thanks. I have never tog fished, so I am gonna pickup some greenies from Captain Tates tomorrow morning.

I am hoping for at least one.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Hey Red Dog on 42 and Landis has em , Priced good . Fished Tuesday did OK , missed a lot . Around bridges it is a 45 minute deal has to be slow to no tide . Good luck .

·
Registered
276 Posts
DaPlumber,

Its been like that for weeks. All my Tog are caught at dead low slack and the first 45 minutes of the incomming. It's amazing how fish react to tides. As soon as it went dead to change over they are banging the hell out of it. Then the water starts getting quicker and they shut down.

Blowfish,

Giving out a bait spot is worse than giving away your sweetest honey hole.

543 Posts
The crabs you get under the rocks most likely aren't green crabs. They are the Asian shore crabs. They work but I prefer greens. Even better are rocks, calicos and blue crabs.

Green crabs are so easy to trap. I always keep at least a bushel at the dock so if I want to dunk a few crabs right after work I can grab them and go. I would spend so much money if I had to buy them - I almost always fish whole crabs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts