BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing boats for sale on anoter site and see a basically brand new Seavee for sae for 320k. I mean WTF, how can you buy a boat like that for 400k plus and just be like Im not using it that much Ill just sell it. I need to find a better job with hundreds of thousands of dollars in disposabe income. My wife would kill me if I bought rig like that and just sold it after a year of light use. She would be pissed if I bought a pair of sneakers and only used them once a week. Gee wiz.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
God bless 'em if they can afford it, but lots of folks don't always think through their decisions before executing them.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I hear you. I am buying a new motor in the next 2 weeks. I am having a hard time justifying spending 15k for my boat.:cool:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It is difficult to justify anything when we have no idea what the future may hold for us.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I was just browsing boats for sale on anoter site and see a basically brand new Seavee for sae for 320k. I mean WTF, how can you buy a boat like that for 400k plus and just be like Im not using it that much Ill just sell it. I need to find a better job with hundreds of thousands of dollars in disposabe income. My wife would kill me if I bought rig like that and just sold it after a year of light use. She would be pissed if I bought a pair of sneakers and only used them once a week. Gee wiz.
Just sell more cars. LOL

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I'm trying to find the perfect balance between working harder and working smarter. If I want to sell more cars I have to be there more hours. If I am there more hours I have less time on the water. I guess I'll just have to win the lottery.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Im growing one in my backyard so I can fish more Anybody want in? :nuts:

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Even if you have tons of money I just can't see how these boat companies can justify asking $300k-$400k for a 30-34' boat that 10 yrs later is going tobe worth less then half of that. How can a boat that small be worth as much as a really nice big house and the house won't depreciate to half it's cost in 10 years. It's just insane.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It's called "Stupid money". They have so much it makes them "stupid". Not that that is a bad thing. Their bad decision saves someone thousands.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I know, I finally got the boat I dreamed of (Used) thanks to a bad economy. But I hope the engines last a long time because I won't have the money to repower for 10 years and still fish!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts