BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What part of the river can I not keep any striped bass this time of the year? Also where can I keep them? I will be in a boat On the Del River!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wilson116750 said:
What part of the river can I not keep any striped bass this time of the year? Also where can I keep them? I will be in a boat On the Del River!!!

Thanks
You can keep and target them below the C&D Canal while out in a boat,The rest of the river is closed to Striper fish.Remember there is no catch and release fishery on the river.Circle hooks must be used when fishing bait on #2 hooks and larger for Cats and Carp that way if you accidently catch a striper it will no be harmed,HRL:(

·
Registered
342 Posts
leagal strippers

Its illeagle to keep strippers in the del. from penns. line at delaware to the calhune bridge on the del. I think thats in trenton if not please tell me where it is.:(

·
Registered
870 Posts
Bunka Chunka said:
You can keep and target them below the C&D Canal while out in a boat,The rest of the river is closed to Striper fish.Remember there is no catch and release fishery on the river.Circle hooks must be used when fishing bait on #2 hooks and larger for Cats and Carp that way if you accidently catch a striper it will no be harmed,HRL:(
Not only circle hooks, they must be in-line circle hooks,

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
yes

bullseye11f150 said:
Not only circle hooks, they must be in-line circle hooks,
Yes inline circles.I like the gami in-lines.Wilson you can keep stripers below the c&d canal 2-28 DE side and 2-28 w/1-28 bonus fish NJ side,HRL:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wilson116750 said:

Thanks
CIRCLE HOOKS ONLY NEEDED FROM THE SOUTH JETTY OF THE C/D CANAL NORTH . FROM BOAT OR SHORE SOUTH OF THE C/D CANAL ANY HOOK MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DEL SALTWATER LICENSE COST BOATS UP TO 20" $40 OVER 20" $50 INDIVIDUAL $20

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
All circles can easily be bent to be "in line"! Talke to a NJ CO last week and he said they really weren't breaking stones on if they were in line or not.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Calhoon St. Bridge is Trenton/Morrisville.

In general terms, you can't get a boat up above the railroad bridge in Trenton which is south of Calhoon St.

Small boats make it up through the rocks, but my 21' can't get anywhere near there.

I work close to the railroad bridge so every day at lunch time last week, I rode up and checked out what was happening.

The Armada is not there yet, which means that the herring have not arrived.

There are reports that shad are being caught 5 miles north of there, so it's about to start.

Frank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts