BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen Red on here in a while and noticed he is not a Moderator of this forum. I am always the last to know when something goes down on here. Delete thread if necessary but some please e-mail me where he has been. Hopefully on vacation.

GSBB

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Grass Sound Bass Bagger said:
I have not seen Red on here in a while and noticed he is not a Moderator of this forum. I am always the last to know when something goes down on here. Delete thread if necessary but some please e-mail me where he has been. Hopefully on vacation.

GSBB
I haven't heard from him since some guy on here was calling him out about something that happened off bassbarn. He was cursing and saying some harsh things. Since that day I havent heard from him??

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Scott was the guy that got me to make The Barn my first stop on the internet. When I was first starting out surf fishing a few years back, he and a few others were very helpful in answering my posted questions. After going to my first fisherman's flea market at the First Aid Squad in Seaside Park, we met in person for the first time. Scott, Ree, Anthony, and I all had lunch together and then took a ride in his truck from one end of IBSP to the other, and then back again. He explained how to read the water a bit, and a few other little tips. Scott and his kids didn't know me from anything but a name on the internet, and they treated me like an old friend. Scott was also instrumental in resolving some issues for me when I first expressed a desire to fish for The BassBarn, and he played a big role in filling out the roster that took home the Beating On The Beach trophy these past two years. I, for one, miss him here, and hope to see him back someday.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Sean, call me when you get a chance.... John

·
Banned
817 Posts
I too have had the pleasure of meeting Scott and hanging out with him on the beach he is full of fishing knowledge and is always willing to share it. Everytime I had the chance to talk with him he would always ask about my dad. He is that type a guy and I hope he comes back to the Barn. If not I am sure I will see him on the beach.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loopy,
Calling you now.

Sean

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
me and red had a little problem but i would never disrespect him in any way at all.. i mean i still like the guy.. does he like me i don't know.. but him and the other mods keep the barn going along with ron

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
i emailed red last week, he said hes gonna do what he loves best, thats FISHING, shame cause he was the first guy to communicate with me when i joined. its not the same without him he always made you feel welcome. ree and ant are the best also. thats all im gonna say.

·
Registered
270 Posts
He was always willing to help out. I don't know all of the politics on the board. But I hope he's back. I hope this doesn't end up like Mullaney or Nightstrikes. I never see any posts from them anymore.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Now I see Mullaney posted last night. That's not the first time I stuck my foot in my mouth.

My point is, these guys post good useful info. I didn't know anything about surf fishing until I started lurking here 5 years ago. These guys are why I've had any success. Now I can lend a helping hand to people I meet on the sand or on this board.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Brian just came back recently. I hope Scott will come back in time as well. He has helped me out a lot with advice and welcoming me last year at the Beating on the Beach. Just like all message boards we need to be civil and just relax a little.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got my answer. Thanks for those that gave me the low down. With that said I hope Red makes his way back to the Barn and this forum because he will be missed. What sucks is it sounds like with lossing Red we may have lost Ree and Anthony as well. I hope this blows over. It is just a message board and I think at times we all need to remember that this is all about something we do to relax and unwind not get hyped and upset about.
When I go fishing I loss myself on the beach, nothing else matters in my left but what is happening or not happening at the end of my line. Maybe we all just need to break the winter blues and get out and wet a line and remember life is to short to be getting upset over the little things.

Red if you are reading this you have my number and e-mail I think. I hope to see you on the beach.:D

GSBB

·
Registered
322 Posts
That blows. I just met the guy a couple of weeks ago to buy a rod off of him. Nice guy, and a loss for the barn if he left for good.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
surf skunk said:
He was always willing to help out. I don't know all of the politics on the board. But I hope he's back. I hope this doesn't end up like Mullaney or Nightstrikes. I never see any posts from them anymore.
Brian is back... ;)

Sorry guys...

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Catch my Drift said:
Brian is back... ;)

Ironicly......
Sean please show some respect Bud. What happened between them is their bussiness not ours!!!

I sorry to see that Scott stepped aside and hope he returns. Don't forget he was a Mod and the Mods deal with alot crap at times and I guess he needed a break so let it be and if he comes back great if not I wish him the best and will see him on the beach:cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
They will be missed, but they were not Gods! The Bass Barn is the Internet place to post pix and fishing reports! These guys never posted any pix of the stripers they caught.

Nobody does this anymore! Well CapeMayRay still does, but he is the last.

Come on, Barners, post some pix with reports....... nobody is going to "burn" the spot!

This was the best site on the web a couple years ago. I'll do my part if you do yours? I love to post pix with my waterproof camera......... soon it's about to start all over again.

Let's face it, if you post some pix of the fish you catch, the spot won't get fished out!! LOL 99.9% don't know where the spot is anyway.... and fish are migratory!!

But everyone in the world, me included, loves to see pix of fish caught in local waters.

Red was great........ still is! A night plugger who caught lots of fish. But he could even be greater..... if he would post pix on the Barn of all the fish he catches! This won't hurt anything, just make this site way better.

I'll be posting pix almost every day next month. I hope more of you do the same.

Last year, a couple of you got mad at me for saying things I shouldn't have said. I guess Red and a few others found the same probs.

I am a positive guy, and I can only hope that the Barn will once again be the number one place for the fishing reports.

Why not share the fun you had fishing? It won't come back to bite you!

I'm so waiting for the next report of CapeMayRay with the wonderful pictures! In my heart I know that those pix didn't hurt Ray at all. The pix just make me want to call Ray for a charter when things warm up.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
It's amazing how a simple question like "where's Red" can turn into ...

"Were's all the pictures?"

"This was the best site on the web a couple years ago"

"Come on, Barners, post some pix with reports....... nobody is going to burn the spot!"

I mean....geeze :rolleyes: I don't blame the guy for taking a break!

I'm gonna lock this one up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.