BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my kids out Saturday. Youngest is 5; so I gotta find fish or she'll be crying to go in. Has grassy Sounds been productive for Fluke? I saw people drifting the back bays of Wildwood and Cape May. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,570 Posts
go see fred at no bones tackle on rio grande ave. he will hook you up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last season around this time we hooked into some fluke around the harbor and near the Wildwild Bridge...just drifting around on a little 17' skiff. Mostly throwbacks, but put a few in the box with minnows.

Quite a few skates though -- that'll be a pain for you, but might keep the kids interested! We were catching something almost every drift.

[ 05-30-2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: jmajckson ]

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The ICW from the NWW Railroad Trestle Bridge down through the George Redding Bridge, pass Schooner Island Marina, and Shawcrest area has been productive for me. Had a 19", 24", and a 25" this week on a short trip. All caught on a green and orange Bucktail tipped with Mackerel strips. (I call it the "Mexican Flag" Bucktail)
Also weighed in a 4.5 pounder from the same area Monday afternoon. Last Friday Rich, who docks out back here, had eight nice keepers. Seems like weekend boat traffic may have slowed things down last weekend?? because Rich fished the same area on Saturday and caught nothing.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Well if you two would have invited me I would have showed you how.. but no... you leave me sitting around paying bills... We could have caught some dinner, and then had a few cocktails @ Mulligan's.
Did you take the Mexican Flag Bucktail??? Did you go to my "Hot Spot"? Biggest Jack, I hope you're not heading for that DFL trophy again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts