BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fishing at night in the back, I usually fish the bridges. Are there any other productive ways of fishing at night, without a boat? Ive heard of using black bombers from the sods but have never had any luck doing that. Anybody use poppers at night with any success? Should I just stick to the bridges? thanks

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Its worth the trip alot of times to venture back away from the bridges,keep you ears open for fish smacking bait.Work your poppers and or bomber in these locations..Also a out-going tide is usually your best chance of finding feeding fish in the back.

Good Luck,,,

[ 11-10-2005, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you are fishing South Jersey, put some time in on some sod banks, outgoing is usually best like NS said. I have caught bass on poppers at night, but I don't think it's as productive as the blurple bomber. Also, more times than not, white bass assassins with a pink paddle or curly tail will pull nice fish from the sods...these, and teasers, are probably the only white at night that I will throw.

Others you may want to carry with you when fishing the banks: MirroLure, Mag Darter, shads and FinS

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by the bagman:
Steve is that last night's cathc or is it one of your stashed away photos for illustrations. Keith the bagman
Keith, Thats Actually My First Bass Of This Year,
Way Back From April... You Know Where ;)
And will most likely yield one of the last one's of the year, same place-same plug.... :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wouldnt fish at all at night if the water is still glowing unless you are fishing under a light.Has anyone been catching at night in the glowing water drifting rips?

·
Registered
31,448 Posts
I've always done very well when the water is glowing. I don't think it bothers them at all. A few nights ago the bass had 10 foot glowing streams behind them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you 445, its this bioluminesence created by the plakton when they are disturbed or scared, so anything that moves look like its glowing green.

Thanks for all your replies, I know some good lookin sods to try tonight before or after I hit some bridges.

[ 11-12-2005, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: bucktail3 ]

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Thank God the fire is gone now! Finally!!

[ 11-13-2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Keeper Seeker ]

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Bucktail, keep refining your technique. Look for areas where the water is deep along the bank, mouths of sloughs, small coves. And sometimes just stop and listen.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I hit a couple spots last night, but it was just way too windy out there to effectively work my plug/lure. I use a black bomber at night in freshwater for stripers and have done well, But I dont have the confidence with it yet in the back bays and salt. Hopefully that will change by the end of this season though.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Bucktail3 there is allot of action going on in the surf right now, go during the day and find some fishy looking water, what i mean by fishy is a place that has allot of white water and wave action, during a west wind the surf is usually very calm, but sand bars will have white water and wave action on them, as far as i am concerned calm nights s-ck, find a nice sandbar with some white water and use that black bomber with a teaser in front of it, and most importantly fish it with confidence, and fish it at night or low light conditions, and you should have some success, once you get the first fish,it becomes second nature, pick a stretch of beach and learn it, find the sand bars and deep holes, and fish them with confidence, i will be fishing on LBI tuesday night, if you are available i can show you a few spots, the weather is not supposed to be great, but that makes the beach more fishy! let me know if you can make it, me and my fishing partner could meet you up there! Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts