BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is a good place to go sharking from the beach around ocean city, nj area What to use as bait and do you use a chum bag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fish the same type of holes and sloughs as you would for stripers around dusk with any fresh cut bait .No need for chum they will smell fresh bait

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I agree with Connmann slade30... Good Luck.

Also Connmann,,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard......

[ 08-04-2005, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I'm planning on tryin some sharking at CISP this evening. I will be on boat. I was planning to get a chum slick going while I caught some fresh bait for the shark. Are you saying its not necessary to chum? Will it help if I do? I just want to get my first of these toothy critters. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
mdub1226,
by all means if you are able to put a chum slick out do it..It can only help...
Good Luck, Let Us Know How You Make Out..

And Welcome to the BassBarn.Com Also,
Glad To Have You Aboard....

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Just to fill you in on how I made out. Spent the last 2 hours of the incoming, slack tide, and first hour of outgoing in the inlet near the causeway. Got a slick going with bunker chum. I picked up a few frozen bunker and mackeral to get us started. Turned out I didn't really need em. Me and my buddy each put a bunker head on our heavy rod with a steel leader and dropped em in the slick. Then we got some lighter rods out to catch some bait. We used t+b rigs with some strips of berkeley gulp (mackeral flavored). MMMMM. About three seconds later we had fresh kingfish. The kingfish stayed for a while. Caught plenty of bait for the night. Then the sand sharks moved in until slack tide. Probably caught 20-25 at the end of the incoming. At slack tide there was about a half hour lull, then the action picked right back up with the sand sharks. About 10 min. into the outgoing, my heavy rod doubled over. Set the hook. Missed em. Checked the bait. Put a fresh kingfish head on. Then 2 min. later same rod ran off again. Missed em again. Disappointing, but tried again for another hour or so until our arms got tired from the sand sharks. It looked like a fish explosion on the fish finder all night with some large marks lurking around every once in a while. Fun was had by all, but hunger got to us. It was time for the Deuville. By the way I hate their service.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Alot of action for sure,, thanks for the report...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts