BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a boat in he next 30 days. Right now the boat of choice is a 24ft seahunt triton or the 23ft tidewater.

Im only looking at a new boat and my max is around 55k.
What's your personal experiences with either of these boats or do you have any other boats in mind that would fit my criteria?

Also debating white powdered metal tee top and leaning post vs anodized aluminum. Thoughts on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 22 triton and love it. I don't have much to compare it against though. But for what its worth, the boat has a ton of fishing room, a large console, and huge built in coolers.
Also, I've been in out in some pretty snotty weather and it handled great. The high gunwales really make it a dry boat.

Thats my 2 cents and good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Poweder coat looks nice (I have it on my 24 Scout), however, if you chip it or scratch it - you can not touch it up. It can lead to corrosion underneath the remaining and flaking. The manafacturer actually warned us about that first, then I met a guy in my marina that took all the powder coat off for that very reason.

Everytime a jighead or jig comes flying back to the boat, I cringe.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poweder coat looks nice (I have it on my 24 Scout), however, if you chip it or scratch it - you can not touch it up. It can lead to corrosion underneath the remaining and flaking. The manafacturer actually warned us about that first, then I met a guy in my marina that took all the powder coat off for that very reason.

Everytime a jighead or jig comes flying back to the boat, I cringe.
Thats exactly what the boat dealer told me... Thats why I wanted to know if this was true. Thanks

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
yellowfin.....................
This statement makes it obvious that you guys still think Tackle Dealers do it for the money!!! :eek: :D I think Joe probably laughed as hard as I would if you suggested it to me. lol. Yellowfins are like Cabos to me......I can only dream about them!! 2 of my favorite boats on the water.

Joe,
I think the Sea Hunt is a really nice boat with a fair price tag. I have a couple good customers who are happy with them. A couple minor issues at first that were taken care of right away by the Dealer/Manufacturer, if that says anything for their customer service.
The powder coat is beautiful, but it is a problem as far as being chipped. I know a guy who removed his T-Top and had it refinished after 4 seasons, but your talking some serious $$.
From what I hear, stick it out until the last Boat Show for the better deals. I may be wrong, but it just seems the prices drop as we get closer to the end of the shows. ( just like any other business).

Good Luck. I say Sea Hunt. ( but I don't have much experience with the Tidewater.) :)

·
Premium Member
13,508 Posts
I've got a 2001 Triton (not a Sea Hunt). Love it. During the past 10 years, I've had to call the factory to get a couple of questions answered: they always call me back with the right info. She's got high gunwales, is heavy, tons of storage, lots of fishing room, built in coolers, etc. I'm very happy with my Triton. Best of luck with your search.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Angler looks like a clean looking boat.... Don't know anyone who has one..
I have an 18ft CC angler 2001, the boats fine but little things like the gunnel rod holders are useless, can't fit a 6 ft rod in them, their to short. Bait well is no bigger than a 6 pack cooler. The hull throws some water inboard, not very dry hull with a headon wind. Your want a curtain around T-Top.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.