2oz T-Hex with plain hook
2oz T-Hex with green tail
Crippled Herring
1-2oz Kroc

·
Registered
641 Posts
T-hex

I WOULD SAY T-HEX AND HOPKINS I FELL ARE A MUST.
You can catch almost anything on them.
then avas and good old diamond jigs.
There the most popular and proven of all metals.
there a lot more but those 4 used wright will get the job done;)
i,m sure more will chime in.

·
Registered
490 Posts
don’t forget the teasers, my wife say’s every pair of shoes needs a hand bag to match!

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Oh, you guys neglected Deadly Dicks......caught plenty of bass on them...Basically you want Herring Bunker and rainbait sandeel Immitations.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
pt jude lures
time tested and poven designs
The thing is I find the port Judes are hard to find and when you do find them they have a duller finish than those you can get in Conn. or Mass. and , R. I. where they are more popular. J.m.o. I haven't even seen their version of the Hopkins shorty here at all .

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
don’t forget the teasers, my wife say’s every pair of shoes needs a hand bag to match!
What you hang on the back of a piece of tin, makes all the difference in the world. Those who can tie teasers, and vary the color and flash over the standard white bucktail, I believe have an advantage of catching more fish.

Don't forget the Acme Kastmaster. A kastmaster with the right teaser is a killer lure

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think your right, but that picture of the T-HEX stealth comes with that trailing hook! I tied some trailing hooks last year and put them on my deadly dicks but no takes. And how can we forget the Kastmaster. Why don’t they make the gold in a heavier lure?

Nice NOVA.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone...i will pick some up when i get my next overtime check...still looking to catch my first bass this year...im new to saltwater

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
t hex. period. i don't even carry ava's anymore...haha

I'll sacrifice an Ava to the blues....No problem,...hate losing the pricey ones to blues...cause you know its gonna happen, but You get so excited when you are getting hooked up on every cast, you never switch off...

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Keep in mind I do not sell all of the items mentioned, so I am being honest. It a;so depends on where and when your fishing. To cover the basics, here ya go:

Ava's in assorted tail colors. It changes daily with water and light conditions. A017, A027 are the 2 most popular.

JCC Sandeels, VJ Sandeels, T-Hex, RonZ or Gag's Eels with jig heads and rubber tails, Deadly Dicks. All are great for sandeel seasons.

Hopkins, Peanut Bunker Metals, Hopkins, Krocodiles, Kast Masters, all work great when a wider profile is needed for peanuts.

There are many brands out there. Some better than others. Some have their own purpose, such as the T-Hex which is available in heavier sizes while maintaining a smaller actual body size. Very good for casting distance.

You want a variety. One day yellow is the color, very next day red is the hot color. Most of it has to do with what guys see when a guy catches a bass. Sometimes, it does have to do with water color, light conditions. Having a variety is going to be the key.

Go for thin styles and wider styles. Each will work better at certain times of the year. DO NOT forget your teasers. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I use a variety and variety of weights as conditions dictate,,ava's,hopkins, pt jude, deadly dicks,and T-Hex.
T-Hex is my go to fish catcher.

The thing I enjoy doing is mixing up the tail tube colors//switching out hooks and using my own tied tails... its very satisfying when the fish key in on one color that morning(green/haha) and to have an assortment of color options to swap can be the difference of catching a fish maybe-- while others are getting every other cast,, it only takes seconds of concentration to replace a tail hook.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts