BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
I have been using Rejex for the past 3 years however I never used collinite.
rejex is a great wax also,but its not a cleaner. if you use rejex before every smudge is gone,it will be there forever. if you use a cleaner first then rejex your good,but colonite fleetwax cleans and waxes at the same time. i also found that while using rejex, the water stains from the bay adhere more to the hull then when using colonite,and i trailer,and seem to get more brown stains when i used rejex,so back to colonite i went. i used rejex half of a season on Dunks reccomendation,but colonite is the way to go. i use rejex on my bike and the windshield of the bike and boat,which was what rejex was actually made for,airplane windshields as i still have some left.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
rejex is a great wax also,but its not a cleaner. if you use rejex before every smudge is gone,it will be there forever. if you use a cleaner first then rejex your good,but colonite fleetwax cleans and waxes at the same time. i also found that while using rejex, the water stains from the bay adhere more to the hull then when using colonite,and i trailer,and seem to get more brown stains when i used rejex,so back to colonite i went. i used rejex half of a season on Dunks reccomendation,but colonite is the way to go. i use rejex on my bike and the windshield of the bike and boat,which was what rejex was actually made for,airplane windshields as i still have some left.
Rejex will still kick Collinites butt for staying power. Collinite is good stuff especially if you use their Insulator Wax.. It's made to be used on high power lines to keep them from wearing when they rub together in the wind. Not sure if there's any cleaning ability in that version of Collinite, but either way the two are the best two on the market.

Where Rejex does shine over Collinite is the effort you put into getting it off. Rejex is lots easier too wipe off after it's applied.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
I like the Colonite 925 Fiberglass boat wax. And the 870 Fleetwax for clean up/touch up. I think the 925 leaves a thicker coat of wax on there than the fleetwax.

I use the metal cleaner wax also. I think it cleans great but does not last that long.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I used the Collonite 925 this year for the first time. I have used fleetwax in the past, and last season I used mothers "synwax". The 925 is really nice with a great shine. If it lasts like the fleetwax I'm sold.

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
And don't forget your Woody Wax!

Used on your aluminum and non-skid, applied exactly as the directions tell you, will make a huge difference in the way your boat looks and cleans up after a day out.

I hit my boat with it pre-season and then about 4 times during the year.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
The Insulator Wax has no cleaner/abrasives and does protect very well. One reason we sell a lot of it is when it dries, it dries clear. So if you get a build up in a corner you won't have this giant white hard spot.

As for the Woody Wax, Ed is right! Woody Wax is by far the best stuff out there to protect non-skid decks and metals. If you get anything on the deck like blood, dirt, etc it just washes away.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.