BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i don't get fresh fish much,only a striper that Joey Zac gave me when we went fishing.I buy a lot of fish because i love fish and it is good for you.i buy frozen most of the time because it is cheaper.i usually buy talapia and flounder.I went to shop rite on monday and nothing was on sale so i seen this whiting a big bag for 4.99 but had the skin on one side so i thought i would give it a try.Nice thick filets good size too,so i got the frying pan real hot put in butter and put cajon seasoning.Well my g/f and i enjoyed it so much that i had to tell someone about it.You need to try it it is now one of my favorites.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I'm always glad to get tips like this....never know when the freezer will be empty. Thanks.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Tony, We'll do something about more "fresh fish" in late April. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Joey, You gotta help this guy out please get him some fresh fish. Frozen Fish:eek:.Ive eaten smoked whitting and it was good. But I don't think it is on the top of my list.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
I am completely out of the game till mid April. Ski trips are running into early April this year, and I need a week of two of the boat being in the water before it's "ready for guests".

Late April........... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Clamming Frank---who are you kidding your freezer is nver empyu of fish

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
We have been eating fish 3 or 4 nights a week. Last night I had some beer battered seabass that was to die for. I hope we are able to finish it all off by march when it is time to start fishing again.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Whiting Reading Terminal

One of my favorite Reading Terminal lunches, is smoked whiting, it is arguable one of the best smoked fish.
God Bless Vac Packers, they get you thru the winter with as good as it gets frozen fish.
Another treat, is to go to Masburn's crab/fish store in Somers Point, near the exit ramp 9th st south entrance ramp, where you can get fresh whole white perch during the winter.
A few of life's simple pleasures. BFJ

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
At one time in the winter you went to the Long Branch Fishing Pier at night. They had a chum grinder and with the lights on you could catch as many whiting as you could carry. On the way home there were places you could exchange the fresh caught for smoked whiting two for one. I guess no one does this anymore??

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Talked to a guy last night that says he knows you??

i'm always glad to get tips like this....never know when the freezer will be empty. Thanks.
his new name is clamminwideas$picker.works all week with a rake and on sunday is a member of the dancing men in thongs.his stage name is down and dirty. Do you know him??

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
his new name is clamminwideas$picker.works all week with a rake and on sunday is a member of the dancing men in thongs.his stage name is down and dirty. Do you know him??
I thought I knew who you were talking about but then I pictured him dancing in a thong and I got sick.....I'll be back later.:mad:

·
Registered
86 Posts
At one time in the winter you went to the Long Branch Fishing Pier at night. They had a chum grinder and with the lights on you could catch as many whiting as you could carry. On the way home there were places you could exchange the fresh caught for smoked whiting two for one. I guess no one does this anymore??
I remember fishing that pier with my grandfather. It burned down awhile ago and the whiting are long gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts