BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We towed the boat back in but a waverunner had picked up the fisherman. I was wondering what went wrong...besides being in the breakers in corsons?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Most people don't know how to run Corsons, especially on the weekends ;) . Not surprising someone flipped a Zodiak. Glad to hear they got picked up, although they could probably just walk to shore from the middle of that inlet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be heading back to OCNJ on the 26 and have not been down there since late June. How navigable is Corsons these days? Can you get out at all tides. Any tips on gettin through there is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Striperboy16...are you recommending stay to the Strathmere side when going out of Corson's? I noticed the smiley with a wink but I'm not sure that's good advice.... unless you can describe the channel on that side that I haven't seen....

Until this is cleared up...for newer boaters be REAL carefull in breaking inlets such as Corson's....

·
Registered
489 Posts
This year IMHO the inlet is the worst it has ever been. No clue what Striperboy is talking about, DO NOT run it unless you know the way, there are bars all over it, inside is bad, outer bar is worse.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Strathmere side not way to go.The sw side is shoaled.I have used ne side 4 times in past 10 days or so,there is a slight cut SE of OC bar.I am going out that way this late am, will post #'s if cut is still there, it has changed/moved times since May.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
guys that inlet changes on almost every tide and will change with a strong south or east wind.it is never the same.just be carefull and go slow on way out and in ,but i know the site of diving birds outside the inlet may be too much for most of us to handle :D i know them birds got my boat on some sand more than once ;) good fishing ,matt

[ 08-28-2005, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: sweet release1 ]

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I have to believe that with the beach fills over the past few years, and all of the sand that the sea has to work with, the inlets like Corsons and Hereford have got to be even more difficult and dangerous than they would normally be. Be careful in those inlets gents.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Like someone said " Corson's is Corson's" it changes with storms. I usually run it close to northbar then head south in between inner and outer bars till I find the cut. Sometimes with waves it is just too dangerous, especially in December. Use your common sense and only go when it is safe. I try to mark "cuts" every year fishing late in the year and my marks on my GPS change north or south by a hundred yards give or take. Water depth at mid tide was around 6ft on the outer bar then drops off to 12ft. Depending on the surf rolling in you can time it and get out. By NO means to I advocate using this inlet for beginners or new captains. This is a very dangerous inlet for both experienced and inexperienced captains alike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.