BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an opinion on this combo unit. Info says Built-in 4nm UniMap of USA inland lakes, rivers and coastal areas.

How detailed in the built-in mapping? I intend to use it mostly in the DE river and possibly in back bays, will the mapping show detailed bottom contour, etc.

Also, have seen differing info on the transducer, some sites say it is suction cup mount, others say its transom mount. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
BobEver said:
Looking for an opinion on this combo unit. Info says Built-in 4nm UniMap of USA inland lakes, rivers and coastal areas.

How detailed in the built-in mapping? I intend to use it mostly in the DE river and possibly in back bays, will the mapping show detailed bottom contour, etc.

Also, have seen differing info on the transducer, some sites say it is suction cup mount, others say its transom mount. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Thanks.
Bob, I have the 383c and I like it. Water temp, speed, and map works well. The map doesn't show bottom contour, but I use it for marking a hole in the back. I catch a fish, I save the location. Also great for retracing your drift following your waypoint. I got mine at West Marine in Dec. 2006, but need to order new transducer. I broke one of the posts that you plug the screen on it. It is a transome mount.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smellin...

Thanks for your quick reply. Was hoping to get something with more detail. Am now kicking myself in the butt, as Dicks had the Humminbird 595C on sale last week for $399.98 after a $50 rebate. It also has the built in map, but can be upgraded with a Navonics card.

Are you the dude with the Aqua-view? If so, those were some AWESOME pics you were posting.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Same comments as Smellin'. Works well. Took the same console mount as my older Matrix 15, so I didn't have to do any re-wiring. Up at Beltzville, map was pretty good as far as shore lines. Used it on a small lake in Canada, so didn't have shore lines. Just used it to mark spots, and breadcrumb trail to get home after dark. There are newer ones now with a bigger screen, and cards to swap out.
I got it at Cabelas last year ($399), with their credit card, and -$15 instant discount, and -$20 coupon, and a bunch of gift cards. Mine came with the transom mount for the transducer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts