BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet I could handicap this one #1,2, and 3. But then none of those guys release fish! It looks like we are going to be spending a bit of the spring on our old home turf. Either representing the RBRMTC or maybe a slip in highlands....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg, it is still a developing topic. We will surely be back in Brielle once the real fishing gets under way. But we committed to fishing the Manhattan Cup and with a Late bass bite luckily we are looking for a temporary home to the north.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hmnnn, "striped carp", "real fishing." Seems like someone's a bit of an elitist after spending a season running offshore. I do know how you feel, James. I spent some time running offshore, including a couple of canyon trips last year and the reels felt really small, when we switched back to striper fishing in late October.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Art, I hear what you are saying. Everyone knows that fluke are my first real passion. :thumbsup: The other thing that got me aside from the size of the reels is that after tuna fishing on the troll bass fishing with wire line feels like you are not moving at all. I will say after making the transition to the CC we did less trolling for bass with wire lines than ever before! And there were trips that we did not even have the spoon rods on the boat. I know, blasphemy!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Once you get a taste of that blue water, you don't want to go back. I fished more offshore this past season, for two reasons. The diesel boat burns half of what the old gas boat did and the Carolina Classic rides so nice out there, I'm not getting my spine compressed all the time. The 16,000lb, Lou Codega, deep vee hull rides really soft offshore. It a tank. Also, I am not working, so if I can get a crew, I will head out any time the weather is good, while the bite is on.

Don't forget your roots, James. If you are going to be staying up in AHMM for awhile this spring, you just might find bannanas on your boat. ;)

2,212 Posts
James just remember "theres no place like home" and with the cc you can fly all over the bay alot faster now and get into some real skinny water when needed.. As far as the first striped carp goes, hmmmmm.:fighting: lets just say I'm ready for battle.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Derek, no doubt that you will have released x100 30" fish before most guys have their first keeper! Excited to be back north....but for running further east sandy hook is just way to far!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on James, you don't like running 200+ miles round trip to bluefin fish? :p
That's a big negative...maybe that is why there are so many contenders around the hook. The wicked economy is the only way to make that looong haul!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Adam, way to get the job done!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts