BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giving serious thought to offering an 7-8hr course/seminar on how to maintain your outboard boat??

I've been speaking with the Day's Inn in Northfield for a conference room, coffee/donut/lunch deal. I'm thinking 15-20 guys a day and doing a Sat/Sun seminars?? Right now I'm thinking 180 a head for the full day deal.. 179.99 type of charge..

I'll have my boat in the parking lot for real life transducer mounting and everything else and a basic engine on a work table in the conference room to show what's what as far water pump changes and how outboards work. My basic engine might be a 1956 10hp Johnson but it does the same thing all outboards do..twist a prop.

You should be able to walk away from this deal knowing how to handle/deal with your outboard.. Things to can fix yourself or things only a dealer can make right. We will never cross warranty lines in my seminar..

I'll either get hate or support from our outboard dealers on this page...but I going to do this anyway...

1. Winterizing outboards
2. Changing gearcase lube oil.
3. Water pump.
4. Thermostats.
5. Popet Valves.
6. Spark Plugs.
7. General lubrication.
8. Trim&Tilt operation.
9. Steering Maintenance.
a. Setting up twins.
10. Decarboning the Engine.
a. EFI/DFI Engines
b. Carbed engines
c. Four Strokes
11. Fuel filters.
a. Racor
b. Inline on engine and their water alarms
12. Fuel Systems Maintenance.
13. TCW-3 oils.
14. Changing Control Cables.
15. Battery Maintenance.
16. Battery Wiring.
17. Basic Boat Wiring.
18. Propping.
19. Trailer Maintenance.
20.General Preventive Maintenance.
21. Basic Electronics Installation, transducer mounting.

·
Registered
39,870 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
count me in
this would be a good opportunity

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Dunk, I would be all about it....I'm in the wrong Buisness though...saturday and sunday would be tough for me...but it is what it is...you will get the best results on the weekend...I would still be interested....

·
Registered
77,334 Posts
I would be interested

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Dunk, I would be happy to help with any product you may need for show and tell. I have a cut away gearcase, crankshft and piston display, as well as other good items. Just let me know if you need anything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dunk,

I think your proposed topics are excellent. I have a lot to learn and this would be a great help, especially learning from an expert. The proposed cost is also very reasonable.

I would attend, except I would not sacrifice a fishable Sat or Sun during fishing season. I work hard and long Mon through Fri and look forward to getting out Sat and Sun. Threfore, if a session is held Jan through Mar, I'll be there. Apr through Dec, I'm a maybe, depending on the w*$d:) .

I would think that something like this woud be welcomed and attended thoughout the year by offering it more than once. Great Idea..
Al

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Depending on the date...I would be interested also

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
great concept and idea ! I been around outboards for 35 years and still dont have a clue - but would like to learn more about wiring and changing my 2- 4 strokes oil:confused:

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.