BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on heading out March 1st sometime to go after some bass.
I might head out at 12:01 A.M. (Feb 29/ March 1st) for some night time bass???

Even though the "little debbie" is still high and dry I may try a few spots, oldies but goodies, in and around Somers Point/ Ocean CIty area. (no boat just waders or off the sod banks)

If anyone is intrested let me know, either e-mail
or phone 609-685-1499 (cell#)

ANy one else got the fever?????????????????????????

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by seadated:

ANy one else got the fever?????????????????????????
Ah...fished pretty hard last year. I could use another month or two of snow and ice...

YA GOTTA BE KIDDING PHIL! WE ALL HAVE THE FEVER!! This isn't WeHateFishing.com ya know...LOL! ;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I'm chompin at the bit myself as these 50 degree days are just starting ;) But ya gotta wait for the herring run,that's what I keep telling myself as well :( Hang in there guys and gals not too much longer...........I hope

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Yeah I know, But with this weather, I feel like I go to my little spot, Tie on a popper and have at it.

I know it's alittle early but, YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!

Who knows, a 1/4 oz jig head with a piece of that Gulp stuff I got at the AC show might work????????

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I might have to consider this one!

I was walking the dogs at rivers edge today, and i have to tell ya it just had that look to it :D

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Water temp at the dock today was or 38.7 degrees. Schools of minnows were forming up in the shallow water sucking up the sun.

You guys can wait for the herring run if you want. I'm ready to start my clam bellie run. :D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I been ready to get at it...Cant wait till 1201am march 1rst......Fish or no fish..ill be their

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Chunking,where ya going to be fishing at My boat will still be high n dry.But im chomping at the bit.If ya want someone to Shoot da sh** with while tryin to muster up some stripers. email me ill send ya my phone # I have a tub of Bellies.Vinny

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Fred I'm in with Vinny idea

If you need another count me in.

Call me 609-685-1499 or e-mail me,
Thanks

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have been sitting in my house for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I hate winter. Now that I have the time to work on the boat, it's tooo friggin cold, but I think I will be out there on the first too( I have a couple of spots that I scoped over the winter) and I will be giving it a shot. I know I should wait for the temp to come up, but what the heck. I will probably head out early on the 7th-(I work with Icecream all day the last thing I want to do is freeze too early on a monday. At least the VO will offer a little internal warming on Sat. I'll be somewhere though

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'll be out there somers point/Ocean City area 1201 freezeing but starting out the season on time. Got one 1030pm 12/31/03 to end the season may as well start it out the same way. I'll be in a white ranger wth a cap. Hopefully with a trailer attached to it. If not I'll be sod banking it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I definatley am interested if you guys are meeting somewhere can't beat a chance at the first bass of the year and to meet some of the barn's most illustrious characters- shoot me an email or my cell is 215-630-5805 thanks mike

·
Registered
604 Posts
I definatley am interested if you guys are meeting somewhere can't beat a chance at the first bass of the year and to meet some of the barn's most illustrious characters- shoot me an email or my cell is 215-630-5805 thanks mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Flukerat,
Where do you normally fish??

I will fish in cape may spring and fall on my boat, but will fish around OC in friends boats, off sod banks, off the beach where ever and when ever.

I have got the itch pretty good and plan on going around OC area on the 1st ( probably at night) but that's not in stone,

If you are intrested let me know, I would n't mind the company, How bout any one else??????

·
Registered
604 Posts
Seadated,

I run my boat out of sea isle, unfortunatley it won't be in the wter till late april. I planned on hitting the sod for march 1st. I will travel just about anywhere, if you have a spot you are very confident in for this time of year.To be honest I have never targeted stripers till the boat was in the water(end of april)so I have to plead ignorance to good spots for this time of year, but I would imagine most consistent spots I have on the sod will be productive. Will be glad to meet up with you and other barner who are gonna give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Candy Man

I might be getting together This sunday night 12;01 am (Monday) early for some bass

I see you are in Ventnor, I am in linwood, I like the herring Idea as well, try and get some
and then hit it,

I have a secrot spot in OC ?????? Well probably not to secret.

Let me know by e-mail
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks like high water will be about 3am Mon. morning @ CISP. I you see a Blue Dodge pu with a BB sticker in the rear window say Hi. I might take a ride to see if theres any Herring around. ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bbunker,

I have not checked the tides lately. if what you say is true that might effect my spot of choice. Myself and Mayhem have fished a spot for years, )actually he turned me on a few years back, He might be the god father of the spot??) Well anyway we always have done very well, anytime of year on a falling tide,

But I have fished it a few times on the incoming and have done very well??? I think everything has to be perfect this SUnday night to get them to bite, I guess we'll see.

Might have to bring out the aresenal.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts