BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my 3rd year going to the Canyon Runner seminar, and was just curious to see who else on here is going to be there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was dying to. Supposed to go with reel-axation. My dog blew his acl 3 weeks ago. Just had a 5k surgery. Now I can't go. I really really wanted to be there. Lol I need to learn a lot! Hopefully I can find the money to make it or hopefully go next time. This sucks I'm mad about it but my dog is like my kid.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
i'll be there.. Missed last year but looking forward to seeing everyone again..
You can't miss me just look for clean cut, good looking guy... Ack will there to, he'll be the short, skinny, well dressed guy.... :)

Don't make me break out my anchor priont kakis, they are for the MA500 only...

·
Registered
684 Posts
I will be going again. Kinda feel like I have to since I won a door prize 2yrs ago ( Northstar M84 GPS/sonar/radar). Have learned a lot from these seminars. Dan, not much tackle being sold at event, besides CR Bars, so I would think you would do pretty good selling the nuts and bolts kind of stuff. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I'll be there.

Dan, they do have tackle. Last year it was CR items, Penn, Oho, and there were some other tackle dealers. For the life of me I can't remember who the dealer was. Another name was BHP (Basil) teaching about spectra splices/loops and spectra in general. RFA was there I believe. There was also an outfit selling GoPro's and underwater housings for them.

It's a good seminar and you do learn a lot. Some of the sessions are a repeat every year. These are in place for the new guys. Stuff like basic water temp, boat maintenance, ballyhoo rigging, etc. All great stuff for new guys to go to. However, they also have new sessions every year. I am looking forward to the daytime sword session.

Mark also does his own sessions which I find to be the most informative. He talks about new stuff he's come across over the year.

I didn't really see the point in going to a second seminar, then I did. I was surprised how much I learned the SECOND time. This year, I am going again. Thanks Chris lol. Wouldn't let me say no and buys me the ticket. That's a true friend right there :thumbsup:

Either way its a good time. Gets you out of the house and into fishing mode.

4 years ago I had an absolutely dismal season. I re-rolled back to square one again and went to my first seminar. The following season was probably my best season to date.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
I hear the jigging seminar is going to be better than ever;)

The seminar is at the AC Convention Center and is $125. Better hurry, last I heard less than 25 seats left.

732-842-6825
I had a privilege to speak at prestigious Canyon Runner jigging seminars last three years and I felt it is time new blood is needed.
Besides, I can not find time to do it because I have many projects for expanding business. I have three shows in March and I travel again to overseas for business in two weeks. We have to work until 10:00 -11:00 pm every night now.

I know Greg for years. I can not think of better speaker than Greg. He has vast experience of jigging here and long range boats out of San Diego. But the thing I like most is he is not afraid of experimenting tackle to the limit as I do.

There are so many internet fishermen who express opinions even they have little experience of jigging and popping, but Greg is not
His direct experiences will give benefit to all fishermen attending the seminars.
Good luck, Greg.

---------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was dying to. Supposed to go with reel-axation. My dog blew his acl 3 weeks ago. Just had a 5k surgery. Now I can't go. I really really wanted to be there. Lol I need to learn a lot! Hopefully I can find the money to make it or hopefully go next time. This sucks I'm mad about it but my dog is like my kid.
Yo JB you sir are full of excuses and we both know you put fishing before kids!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I'll be there.

I didn't really see the point in going to a second seminar, then I did. I was surprised how much I learned the SECOND time. This year, I am going again. Thanks Chris lol. Wouldn't let me say no and buys me the ticket. That's a true friend right there :thumbsup:

Either way its a good time. Gets you out of the house and into fishing mode.

4 years ago I had an absolutely dismal season. I re-rolled back to square one again and went to my first seminar. The following season was probably my best season to date.
Jay - I couldn't have said this better myself. We hear this same comment from a bunch of people but it nice hearing it in this forum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
My son and i are going for the 2 year in a row - We have a great time and we love to learn !!! We are pretty much new to the offshore fishing scene and have lots to learn- We learn in alot of ways together - We Dont know many fishing guys living in north NJ and fishing on weekends out of LBI but we love the sport- Would like to thank guys like Bear who post alot and help guys like my son and I Thanks to all of you guys- My son and i had a great fishing season last year!!! The real question i have now is ? Is it because we go to the cannon runner seminar and learn so much ? or because this past year we painted Squid on the bottom of are boat and kicked a$$ on the Tuna!!!! And to top things off my wife got us a overnighter this year for christmas with quess who ? Thats right Cannon Runner - Life is so sweet !!!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
My son and i are going for the 2 year in a row - We have a great time and we love to learn !!! We are pretty much new to the offshore fishing scene and have lots to learn- We learn in alot of ways together - We Dont know many fishing guys living in north NJ and fishing on weekends out of LBI but we love the sport- Would like to thank guys like Bear who post alot and help guys like my son and I Thanks to all of you guys- My son and i had a great fishing season last year!!! The real question i have now is ? Is it because we go to the cannon runner seminar and learn so much ? or because this past year we painted Squid on the bottom of are boat and kicked a$$ on the Tuna!!!! And to top things off my wife got us a overnighter this year for christmas with quess who ? Thats right Cannon Runner - Life is so sweet !!!
Myself and the 3 guys I am going with (one is SenseiPsk) all live in northern NJ but have homes in LEH . In fact, we're all docked within 5-10 min from Bear.

I haven't picked out my wardrobe like Don has though LOL. If you see him there just ask him to point me out. Be more than happy to chat.

·
Registered
726 Posts
First year in a while I will not be going. Only because I will be fishing down in Ft. Lauderdale ( I have my boat down there for the winter). Canyon Runner puts on a great day :thumbsup:

Funny that while RJ is up here in NJ at the CR seminar giving a session on Swords , I will be at his shop in Lighthouse Point picking up bait for my weekend sword trip:D. Adam - You should video that session :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.