BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a pair of 20 penn internationals. I dont have a pic. They look like older 20's and have light scracthing from being many years old. I dont have the capability to post a pic.

Anyway I found that of the many replies you get, most are just bored and arent really gonna buy youre item anyway.

Most boats look nice in pics but in person have cracks and dings that cant be seen from a pic. When you are truly interested in an old mako with a 1988 motor get in the car and look at it and if you really are serious bring money with you.

Sorry I needed to vent because I have sold boats before and I understand your pain if your tires are being kicked lately.

John P.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I can identify....I have a boat for sale...I'm sure you've seen it posted. Twice now I have set aside time, cancelled plans and in one case took a vacation day to allow someone to look at it....These people, who have both identified themselves as individuals who like to visit this site, both decided to not show upand worse yet didn't call to tell me they either changed their mind or couldn't make it. (I always ask where they saw it advertised so I know which site to send the check to.) I had one person who was nice enough to tell me his work schedule forced him to cancel.

I'm getting a bit irritated myself with these tire kickers as you called them. I'm here to sell a good boat for a reasonable price...a boat I'm sure would be a great first boat of this size for someone. I don't need no stinkin tire kickin or want my chain pulled. I want to set someone up with a boat I fully trust....

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
I looked for two yrs. for the right boat for me. I saw a picture. It was in Salisbury, MD. I liked what I saw, took a 3 hr. drive and ended up buying the boat for close to $15K. I was very pleased as was the seller. Pics. work just fine. I would not have driven there without the pics. first.

Selling is like fishing. You have to put in the time.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think my point is being missed here....I am only gonna say this once and then thats it. I don't mind sending pictures because I wouldn't buy something or drive to see something without seeing a picture either. (Thanks to those who created the internet and the ability to send pictures... makes things a lot easier.) What I absolutely can't stand is when a person calls me up, after seeing the picture and sending me multiple other emails, makes a solid decision to come see the boat and decided to not show up..no call to me to let me know he's not coming, no email NADA! I sit around all day thinking the person is coming. I understand the drive is long so I wait and meanwhile waste away an entire day.

That's just plain rude. It has nothing to do with putting in time. It has to do with respecting other people. You do have to put in time to find the right boat but it can be done while respecting the seller at the same time.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Eagle
You got mail

·
Registered
834 Posts
Remember, it works both ways. I've been kicking tires myself lately. I've spent considerable time talking to sellers and asking specific questions about condition. Then I take the time to drive to their boat. When I get there, it's not like they told me.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Pics are often hard to post, I'm in the computer field and its still a pain. The res is too high, you have to lower it, ftp it up to your site...

if its a good enough deal - a fellow barner should give you the real skinny straight up.

Case in point I saw the post for the Lee riggers for $135.00 I wanted them, I kicked it a little bit at work - got done early was in Belmar that same day 4PM and got what I thought was a very good deal home by 6PM - did put 200 miles on the truck and the wife throught I spent $1,500 and called to ***** me out on the way home - thanks Capt. Larry and Steve!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts