BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While fishing today I had one boat run full speed up on my chum slick then blast by me and crew almost tossing us over board. There was plenty of ocean to make a little loop around us or at least slow up. It wasn't bad anough that he did it once this same guy did it twice. The guy fishing 40 yards or so to the left of me just trew his hands up and pulled his anchor and left. Why can't some people use a little common curtasy? I can not complain to much. We had a 3 man limit w/ a bonus tag fish in 2 and a half hours.

·
Registered
797 Posts
One of the reasons may be a birth defect. They could have been born without arms, legs, head & torso, and are what they are: TOTAL ARSEHOLES!

[ 11-19-2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
I like the one's that just wonder aimlessly behind your boat "looking" for a spot, which is usually right behing your lines. Also the ever popular, let me anchor ahead of you and fish on your anchor please. Who likes the "hey dude look behind you" and when he realizes he's about to drift into your boat or anchor line he moves like he's on fire, usually(hopefully) slipping!

Just remember,"you can't polish a terd"

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
I would have guessed - Ignornace or stupidity. Until I thought about the fact that my neighbor who know absolutely NOTHING about boating or fishing purchased a boat to fish from.

With that being said, I'll vote for the fact that some people don't have a clue. It may be thier first rodeo if ya know what I mean ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i didn't fish the inlet today because of that. went looking for fish down the island. ended up at barneget inlet. they are just as rude down there. there were about 7 boats working the north jetty. we slid in and hooked up right away. 2 other boats moved in where we were casting. we left. i remember now why i like the weekdays!

[ 11-19-2005, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: cc19 ]

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
The wake was so bad he passed use within 25 yards inbetween AFK's boat and another boat, the wake was at least 3ft. Then had the nerve to anchored about 50 yards in front of us.

Either he was totally clueless or he was pissed because we beat him to his spot. :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
They got the money, just no brains...
should be a test out there before you can get a boat...An on the water portion and a written test, basic knowledge and general common sense.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Why are some boaters so rude?

Why are some ______ so rude?

Why are some ______ so rude?

Splice in the occupation, or hobby of your choice and its still a valid question.

Its the same rude j-offs you encounter daily on dry land...just that some of them happen to own boats. The guy who merges onto the Expressway in a yellow H2 doing 90 and proceeds to cut 22 people off simply to get where hes headed 2 minutes earlier...the guy who pays his $38 tab with two twenties, then spends the next 10 minutes heatedly arguing with the bartender over the alleged fifty he says he paid with. They're everywhere: Sporting events, court rooms, restaurants...the all pervasive a-hole, and Im afraid theres no getting rid of them.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
I found the best way to deal with them is to protect life and property then forget about them when they pass. They are either dumb or ignorant and you won't change that. No sense in ruining your day over it. It also helps to vent on the Barn. There are also many very courteous boaters out there and they out number the a holes.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
its its cause he musta have da fever da evil striper fever :mad: ...there over here.....no they're over there...no they're over here ......no they're over there...look that guy got one......HE MUST BE ON THEM ...LET'S GO OVER THERE AND JAM HIM. :D
FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH
THEY'RE MY STRIPERS MINE MINE MINE MINE

This is why when you catch a fish...try not to let anybody see ya. :cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
It doesn't matter what size boat your in. I think it's the Ignorance of the capt. I ask that same question when I'm fishing on a reef with other boats and some yahoo comes blowing right between us. They have the whole ocean and they aim for the boats and come barreling through.

·
Registered
78,400 Posts
glennexit13 I have to agree. It seems that entitlement has become more pervasive everywhere. When I was an A-hole as a kid my dad would correct me in a way you are not allowed to anymore. I didn?t appreciate his actions at the time but he always told me one of the most important things in life is to ?Know Your Place? I guess my knowing your place you can appreciate and respect some one else space. Do the world a favor and mention that to the young kids you know today.

·
Registered
990 Posts
When you see them coming grab a blank rod and make pretend your going to cast at them, theyll go away. Just because they have the money doesnt mean they know how to run the boat. I have a four winns dealer across the water from my house and my boat has been hit atleast once a season. They dont care who buys the boat aslong as they get there money.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts