BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm spending the weekend going over my tackle, reels, and plugs getting ready for the spring striper run I now know why I can't seem to sell any of my equipment. The memories of fish caught on them totally brings back the experience. I have a few that are more than 35 yrs old. and I can still remember using them as a kid fishing with my dad. I know I have my go to "s that I fish all the time now. The older stuff is just too sentimental for me to part with.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
yeah have the first rod and reel my parents bought for me32 years ago -cant let it go

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
I have stuff from way back as well-just like surfboards cant get rid of them either

·
Registered
672 Posts
As I'm spending the weekend going over my tackle, reels, and plugs getting ready for the spring striper run I now know why I can't seem to sell any of my equipment. The memories of fish caught on them totally brings back the experience. I have a few that are more than 35 yrs old. and I can still remember using them as a kid fishing with my dad. I know I have my go to "s that I fish all the time now. The older stuff is just too sentimental for me to part with.
I`m 60 years old,been fishing since i was about 5.After my Dad passed away 11 years ago i acquired all of his fishing equipment,some of which he used as a young boy with his dad,and some of it is what i used as a child,i guess he couldn`t part with it either.My Dad sometimes had some kind of input with the rods that i purchased or built and reels that i bought,they have some kind of sentimental value that brings back Great memories,and it`s those memories that i just can`t and will never let go of,Great memories are wonderful thing,but I still miss my Dad ..

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I know how you feel, I still have the 1st boat rod my Dad got me. He was from Jersey City, he grew up 3 blocks from Har Lee Tackle. He took me to buy a 6' wooden handle rod and a Penn 60. This was 1965 I'm 52 and the rig is retired and hanging on the wall, I could never part with it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
We still have rods and reels from my Grandfathers Head boat from the 50's & 60's. I will never use them again but can't part with the stuff. I guess we fisherman are Horders.:huh::huh:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i have the rod and reel my grandmother bought for my 11th birthday at jamesway in capemay court house 29 years ago... the rod has seen better days but the reel still works perfectly

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
We still have rods and reels from my Grandfathers Head boat from the 50's & 60's. I will never use them again but can't part with the stuff. I guess we fisherman are Horders.:huh::huh:
My grandfather still has a ton of stuff. Keeps talking about giving it away or selling it, but every time we go look at it he decides to hang on to it a little longer.

We just celebrated his 89th birthday :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts