BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like no matter where you fish there is always a larger boat with the feeling of size is the boss of the water. Last night I'm drifting eels(only boat around) over a small rip near a local bridge. Along comes joe blow with his 20' - 23' boat rides right up to me and drops anchor. Now he gives me this look and a few choice words on how "I need to move he is anchored and I am interfereing with his baits." What is it with these guys? There is aprox. 1/2 ml. of bridge and he needs to anchor on top of me? There is a few idiots out there. More than ever lately. There is a few locals and we work together and give each other plenty of space. If I pull up and someone is there, I move. I think the WORD is EDICATE ( I'm sure it is spelled wrong but the point is there) Sad part most are larger boats,

·
Registered
121 Posts
if i was there first i would keep makeing the same drift as long as i wanted would just make sure i did not hit him and if he did not like it i would tell him to move that i was there first .and your right.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
morons are everywhere...not just on the water. it's a shame. sometimes it's best to take the high road, sometimes a 10oz bank sinker works better. :D

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I wouldn't stop what I was doing for sure. Just hold a cell up and report him, no matter if he is right or wrong. That will get his attention.

I am still trying to get over the other stunads who drift through those same currents with their motor on. Explain that logic??

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
striperhaholic I know where you are coming from! There has been many a night when some moron does something ignorant to other fisherman. I have had some close calls out there, I only hope that they are the ones who are running into the channel markers that I see broke and laying over in the water. If they hit them that hard it should keep them off the water for awhile.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
[QB] I wouldn't stop what I was doing for sure. Just hold a cell up and report him, no matter if he is right or wrong. That will get his attention.

Can you report someone for being arrogant and stupid? If so I've got plenty of reports to file :(

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Because we live in a capitalistic society that encourages a "bigger is better" philosophy.
What you need is a bigger boat with a paint ball gun aboard.
What kind of boat was it? I know where you fish and maybe I'll run into this guy too.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by TI Guys:
Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
[QB] I wouldn't stop what I was doing for sure. Just hold a cell up and report him, no matter if he is right or wrong. That will get his attention.

Can you report someone for being arrogant and stupid? If so I've got plenty of reports to file :(
Being ignorant and stupid wouldn't be what I would report them for

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never saw him there before, It was aprox. 20-23' seahawk fishing with a young boy. I kept fishing the way I was except the inlet is no place to play chicken. Or risk your fishing partners swimming abilitys.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by candyman:
Because we live in a capitalistic society that encourages a "bigger is better" philosophy.
So true, just because he has a bigger boat doesn't mean he has any brains. He does however have a few bucks, and that makes him very important. :rolleyes:

Grin and bear it , people like that will never change.

Same for the running motor guys. They have the greenbacks for the gas they're wasting also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny what we consider to be a "big Boat." I was expecting to see the typical thread about a 40 footer screaming through the ICW while someone was anchored chumming bellies.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a 19' boat one day fishing in SIC and the star fish comes flying by me. So I start my motor and try to head into the monster wave it comes over the front of my boat nocks my friends sandwich out of his hand and all the fishing equipment that was sitting there. I wanted so bad to follow him back and beat the **** out of him. He never slowed down even a little.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my eyes anything bigger than my boat is big. All in all any size boat is fine as long as we play by the same rules (ediquit) probably spelled wrong but the idea is there. I realize there is no rules. But we need to work together and give each other respect no matter how rich or poor we are.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey carry a gun and a knife, shoot a hole in his hull and cut his anchor line that will teach the dumb a$$ a lesson or better yet anchor up right next to him and run your engine while he tries to fish that will get his attention. or even better yet bring your buddies over, have them anchor with you and all of you run your engines while the dingleberry tries to fish. and if he moves follow him. That will teach him not to bother you again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey carry a gun and a knife, shoot a hole in his hull and cut his anchor line that will teach the dumb a$$ a lesson or better yet anchor up right next to him and run your engine while he tries to fish that will get his attention. or even better yet bring your buddies over, have them anchor with you and all of you run your engines while the dingleberry tries to fish. and if he moves follow him. That will teach him not to bother you again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bear It All - brandishing a gun and then discharging it in State Waters will get you pretty far. Smart. Encouraging to see that something as simple as a little problem on the water could potentially escalate into something extremely more tragic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I witnessed an interesting incident 3 weeks ago at the BI north jetty. I was anchored on the ocean side, fishing the rocks. Here comes a small cuddy on the inlet side, idling up to the jetty rocks. This inlet is well marked with the white danger area buoys. This guy is looking at the rip over the submerged rocks, and I can tell he is considering a "short cut" over the rocks, saving him the 80 yds to the end of the jetty :confused: . He looks once, twice, then turns the wheel and guns it as my cousin and I scream "NO!". The next thing you hear is CRAAACK as his lower unit hits the rocks (or maybe it was his transom?) Then you see and smell the slick of gear oil on the surface. Funniest part is, we see him shrug and keep on going! "Must have hit a log" :rolleyes: NJ boating at its finest, I say.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dr. Bass, Just wondering what you would report the ignorant boater for? Other than being a jerk which is not illeagle.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by Got Bass?:
Dr. Bass, Just wondering what you would report the ignorant boater for? Other than being a jerk which is not illeagle.
Whatever I felt like and whatever came to mind at that moment. It's called the un-writen rule of life. What goes around comes around. If you read the original post the guy was being a purposeful azzhole. Guys like this are a dime a dozen out fishing at night, but they always have a weakness. they may be drunk, their boat may not be registered, might have an illegal fish, whatever. Roll the dice and see what happens. Just use the law to your advantage. Just a concerned citizen being cautious, that;s it. the cops, the warden have to respond, it's their job. Trust me when I tell you the guys making or starting the trouble are the easy targets, and they always seem to think otherwise, I love irony

1 - 20 of 30 Posts