BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there are rules, but a kid puts up a post genuinely trying to help some fellow anglers save a buck with a link, AND HE IS BANNED?

Why not remove the post, send him a note, and leave it at that?

For all the talk of the 'barn community' around here...whats it really worth:huh:

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
people were complaining is why

mako, Murph,

It was me, I am busy with ten things here today, like everyone else.
I don't know who this person is , how do I know its not the guy selling the product? He came on in a way that caught my eye, "I know I am pissing off the sponsors, but here we go anyhow" , bang! I don't make the rules here, I try to keep the ones we have in place though.

When someone says I am going to "piss off people", well it is apparent he understands that he is. I consider that hostile - on a friendly site. Plain and simple, I don't give a rats ***, if your Mother Theresa, and you work on Wall street.
What I get pissed off about is about the Vandalism factor. It steals time from all of us, time is money.
He surely could have worded things differently. When any of us have to stop what we are doing at work - it takes time,
we all work - so there is my side - plain and simple.

then after I erased the link on his post, I thought he was being a wiseguy. with his response directed at me - I then removed the post, after he instructed everyone to "email him for the link".

So I erased the post and gave him a week off

Who knows, I wrote the boss, - he is tied up with personal stuff,
might take him a a day to catch up to this, If I am wrong, we will fix it. Certainly no intention of pissing members off, just trying to do the job I was given to do.

Captn Joe - Moderator

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Joe, I guess you didnt read because he said nothing of the sort. I get it, busy myself (well, not at the moment:))

What he said was "I'm sorry if this offends any of the sponsors'....NOTHING about breaking rules if my memory serves correctly, and I think it does

He's a 23 year old kid working on wall street. He's doing much bigger things with his life than peddling $5 jigs

People in a community help each other. Exactly what he was trying to do. I think most would be thankful, even if it does offend a sponsor or two.

Wouldnt telling people to email for the link be allowed and the proper thing to do?

So to be straight, we can never mention or allude to a sale of any kind here, even if the info or link isn't posted? WTF? As someone who has had a few posts removed by you...to this day...I still dont get your thought process!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't know if working on Wall St means he's going to better things in life. Maybe he's just screwing people over for the $5 jigs before he moves on to your 401k.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Mako

Mako, great question, thank you for asking
I thought Ron did not want this occuring, I thought he was clear to me, about a huge post on this subject over a month ago, when a link on a psot was removed ( by me) for a non advertising tackle dealer selling stuff at a deep discount.

My co-moderator thinks I got this wrong, so maybe I did.

And yes it was sponsors who were complaining about this post - I know these people, I buy stuff from them, I help promote them, they write checks to the BB.com to keep the lights on here. I thought I was doing the right thing,

Like I said, I am waiting to hear myself if I got this right or wrong,
we do care what you have to say, -and thank you for being a gentleman about it.

as the world fricken turns!:nuts: - Captn Joe

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
there was a post in December for the same website ( if im thinking of the same one) for the same jigs for $1.99. i got 6 butterfly jigs that were like $12 for 2 bucks. i dont think that guy got "time out"

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Wall Street?

This is my attempt at humor guys

Wall Street could use a Band Camp, they would come back to work and say " This one time at banned camp I " :D

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
I did not see the original post but, I did see your friends post where he "quoted" Capt. Joe and was kinda mocking him.

If you call that a heavy hand than so be it. I am just calling them the way I see them.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Rocky,
Here is another reason why it is the Government's fault, after a day like this today?, we should have been spending our time looking for Sea Bass Reports. Congratulating those who were fishing today.

I wish people around here had more fervor, to have interest and commit support to our rally as opposed to saving a dam dollar on $5 jigs, no one can legally use because of NOAA/NMFS regs are keeping us from fishing all winter long:huh::huh:

The whole thing makes me meaner than a junk yard dog:thumbsup:

-----------

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Rocky,
Here is another reason why it is the Government's fault, after a day like this today?, we should have been spending our time looking for Sea Bass Reports. Congratulating those who were fishing today.

I wish people around here had more fervor, to have interest and commit support our rally as opposed to saving a dam dollar on $5 jigs, no one can legally use becaue of NOAA/NMFS regs are keeping us from fishing all winter long:huh::huh:

The whole thing makes me meaner thqn a junk yard dog:thumbsup:

-----------

Amen to the above!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Days like tomorrow and Thursday would be easy limits of 3-7lb humpies in minutes not hours....the longest part of the trip would be the ride in and out..... :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts