BASS BARN banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a complaint/question about service of an online tackle supplier which sponsors the Barn, and my post was deleted. I was hoping to get input from others on the service of this particular outfit.

I am respectfully asking, why was this deleted?

·
Registered
62,423 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Danno

Your post was deleted because of two things .

First , this forum is for the discussion of anything backbay's . Your topic doesnt fit that description.

Secondly while i had the option to move this thread to the DD and let the lawyer deal with it, i chose not to do so because while you may or may not have a legitimate gripe thats not for me to say but i will say there are better avenues to use in trying to get your grievance taken care of.

Just Email them or make a phone call, better yet just walk through the front door and discuss your situation face to face .

Comming on here and airing out your grievance never does anything except start a whole host of problems for you, the buisness and for us moderators.

Thats why your post was 86'd

Also while your at it please remove the link to CCA . One of our rules is that we don't alow links in signatures to other fishing web sites unless they are barn advertisers. Normaly i would have made this request through email but yours is not available.

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
This is not directed at you Craig.

I have had a gripe for some time about how we can post "good press" about a Barn sponsor but never complain about them and have "bad press" I guess it is double standard since they spend money.

Every want my real opnion on a dangerous charter boat or a _________ agent shoot me over an email.

I have had a problem with mod before but I emailed him and kept that part off the Barn. You can always email the mods and or Ron.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
This is not directed at you Craig.

I have had a gripe for some time about how we can post "good press" about a Barn sponsor but never complain about them and have "bad press" I guess it is double standard since they spend money.

Every want my real opnion on a dangerous charter boat or a _________ agent shoot me over an email.

I have had a problem with mod before but I emailed him and kept that part off the Barn. You can always email the mods and or Ron.

Sure shoot me an email .
And yes being an advertiser does have it's perc's , if it didn't they wouldn't have any reason to support this site .I'm not saying all who advertise here are saints but do you think they pay to get bashed....

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Also while your at it please remove the link to CCA . One of our rules is that we don't alow links in signatures to other fishing web sites unless they are barn advertisers. Normaly i would have made this request through email but yours is not available.

The Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) is a non-profit organization just like the RFA. They have worked on issues that we all care about like,

Eliminated striped bass fishing in EEZ through striped Bass Act reauthorization (National 1998).

Stopped attempts to allow gill netting of striped bass along Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (Virginia 1999).

Sued NMFS in federal court to reduce excessive billfish, shark and turtle bycatch in Gulf and Atlantic longline operations (National 2000).

Worked through its representative on the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas to implement measures outlawing the practice of shark finning in the Atlantic (CCA National 2004).

One of four members of a cooperative effort called Menhaden Matter formed to investigate the status of menhaden in the Chesapeake Bay to ensure adequate populations for its role as forage base and filter feeder. (CCA National 2004).

Served integral role in the Maryland Artificial Reef Initiative to develop marine habitat enhancement projects (Maryland 2007).

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Danno

Your post was deleted because of two things .

First , this forum is for the discussion of anything backbay's . Your topic doesnt fit that description.

Secondly while i had the option to move this thread to the DD and let the lawyer deal with it, i chose not to do so because while you may or may not have a legitimate gripe thats not for me to say but i will say there are better avenues to use in trying to get your grievance taken care of.

Just Email them or make a phone call, better yet just walk through the front door and discuss your situation face to face .

Comming on here and airing out your grievance never does anything except start a whole host of problems for you, the buisness and for us moderators.

Thats why your post was 86'd

First, thanks for taking the time to respond.

If you read my original post, I did make phone calls, several, but thats beside the point. I was asking others on the forum for good or bad feedback on the particular sponsor because I was worried I was getting burned. Didnt mean to offend anyone or call out the bassbarn lawyers :)huh:). Sorry if I took the wrong avenue.

Finally, I'll remove the CCA link. But I think thats a rediculous request. CCA is non-profit. I have no motive other than to spread word on a great organization that helps to protect the fisheries of which we all share a common interest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.