1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had the opportunity to get a demonstration
on how these New Lures work,they are killer on
Fluke..Has anyone heard of them ?
Check out this website and see the action for yourself...
Wiggle Rigs
CLICK HERE

[ 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by REELKNOT:
DID YOU BUY THE DISKS OR THE WHOLE THING?
I saw the whole rig in action,I would suggest
trying that one first then maybe experimenting
with the disk.. I think I am going to try out
the teasor rig,after all these Bluefish head
North of us. ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I ordered the disks themselves, would have ordered a rig or two but they were out of pink! I wanted to give it a shot on the weakies as well as the flatties!

·
Banned
426 Posts
BB you gonna have them by Friday?? LOL, I don't wanna buy them if they don't work.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
doesn't live bait wiggle?

I have soooo much %$*& I have bought and never used...too funny...let me know if they work. Why not add to the unused pile? LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
We use them all the time for sea bass and tip our trebles on cod jigs with them. I like B52's better for fluke, but don't use them that much anymore.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tom gave me one at the Outdoorsmans show last January and I picked up a few more at his shop this spring. I'll be out next week to try 'em and let you know how they do.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Have used the pink squids without disks in the fall, garden state reefs, with super results. Can only imagin the benifits of imparting more movement to them. Sounds like a win, win lure

There have been times, bay fishing for fluke that you could not buy a bite without a pink squid ;)

[ 05-27-2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: clamchucker ]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Made it out today & wanted to prove that Wiggle Rigs catch even smaller fluke.
17" and released to grow a little bigger!!

[ 05-29-2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: jersey coast ]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well fishing was slow yesterday near the Bug Light, Sandy Hook Channel and off the Sandy Hook beaches.
Wiggle rig was fished at each extensivley and was tipped with squid strip and sometimes spearing as well. It caught one of the two keepers and several shorts. As well as many bluefish and it had an uncanny knack for picking up skates, lots of skates. In fact the six or seven skates caught hit only the wiggle rig.
IMO it obvoiusly does attract fish and I'll probably use it again.
Side note: the bucktail got the bigger fish on the boat.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Alright guys, bringing this post back. Whats the verdict? Who tried them last year?

RyanF

·
Banned
964 Posts
I prefer my home-spun rigs.. more satisfying... and I know they work... :D

Small one to the left (nose down) is on a 4/0 Tiemco and is 4" long.. the rest are on 3/0 - 5/0 stainless long-shanks and range from 6"-8" long... No throw-backs when using these! Fished off a 3-way swivel 18" off the bottom is FATAL for Mr. Flatty... Oh, May can't come soon enough!

[ 03-13-2006, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: ShoeB ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ShoeB, Nice. If I Was A Fluke. Well I'd Be Cooked By Now.. :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a little demo on how these rigs swim -
Wiggle Rigs

And some late season "Keepers"

Wayne Davidowich
14 lbs 4 ozs - 9/2/05

Frank Carnesi
9lbs 2 ozs. 8/10/05

·
Banned
964 Posts
Thanks, Strikes!

Those are some SWEET fluke you posted! OG's I assume? (Must admit though, some of my largest kept shop near Prissy!)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by ShoeB:
Thanks, Strikes!

Those are some SWEET fluke you posted! OG's I assume? (Must admit though, some of my largest kept shop near Prissy!)
The big one that Wayne caught was just south of Barnegat Inlet with a squid/killi combo on a WiggleRig...

·
Banned
964 Posts
All this chatter is killing me! We all got our pet rigs, but the common denomonator is simple, Big Bait = Big Fluke.

I'm absolutely twitching with anticipation!

Can't wait to bag a bunch of the flat ones... Down to 6 packs of brined, vacuum sealed flounder and about the same in sea bass... gonna have to 'rough it' and live off venison if I don't get some fresh fish soon!

ETA - I'd be game for giving those wiggle rigs a try... where can I find them?

[ 03-14-2006, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: ShoeB ]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts