BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO MYTH! LOCATED 25 MILES east of stellwagen this ancient glacier drifted south landing off of stellwagen many moons ago. depths up to 700 feet surround it but the fishing is done on the edges and on top (320 FT. TO 360 FT.) discovered it 25 years ago longlining for groundfish. one trip yielded 4500 pounds of bull haddock!. the piece holds cod ( 74, 72, 70 ) last year, giant sea pollock to 35 pounds, bull haddock, huge white hake to 60 pounds, and of course cusk and rosies. combo trips for bluefin tunas (80 to 250 pounds) make for a great trip. twelve and thirteen hour trips. we supply all, ice bait, tackle etc. call or email for more info. by the way attn. jim lopresti, could not contact you by email. best, capt. jim

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey capt, this is a trip I've been meaning to do for some time and I have a few friends that I can round up to make it happen. My question is, what is the best time to fish for BIG cod. I'm not overly concerned about the bluefin fishing since we do quite of that, obviously we'd still give it a whirl, but a big codfish is on my list and I know the same stands for a few others I fish with.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey capt, this is a trip I've been meaning to do for some time and I have a few friends that I can round up to make it happen. My question is, what is the best time to fish for BIG cod. I'm not overly concerned about the bluefin fishing since we do quite of that, obviously we'd still give it a whirl, but a big codfish is on my list and I know the same stands for a few others I fish with.
hi capt. best time for that is late august and september. best, capt. jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts