BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going fishing this Friday in the backbays of Wildwood. This will be our first time fishing in Wildwood. How has the fishing been in this area? What is everyone catching?

Also any tips for the Wildwood area would be appreciated.

I hope I can post some good pics next week.

Thanks
Ronnie

[ 05-23-2006, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Ronnie_Stugots ]

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Welcome to the barn,Mark
What are you fishing for?
Shoot me an Email and I'll try to help you out.

·
Registered
980 Posts
stop in at the no-bones bait shop .it's at the bottom of the bridge on the right as your heading into wildwood .talk to Fred about what to use and where to use it ...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
fluke
small bucktail tipped with a minner look for dropffs bounce it along when you feel a "thump" let it eat for about 5 - 10 seconds the raise the rod up setting the hook

Good Luck

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had luck a week ago with fluke on a small bucktail tipped w/ a strip of mackeral. Also heard minnows are good too. Hit the channel by schooner island(rio grand bridge). Good Luck

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Only a few shorts the past couple of weekends along with the 25-30mph winds drifting you at 3 mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I am going to have to stop by and see Fred at No Bones. Sounds like he is the real deal. Hopefully he can point me in the right direction.

How is the Striper action in the Wildwood backdays this time of the year?

Does Fred rent boats at No Bones?

... only a few more days until I am fishing ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are those Skiff's safe to take out into the Ocean? When fishing TI inlet last year I seen one from Larsen's going out into the ocean.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Ronnie_Stugots:
Are those Skiff's safe to take out into the Ocean? When fishing TI inlet last year I seen one from Larsen's going out into the ocean.
THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE OCEAN. THE OLD GUY MR. FU MIGHT GIVE YOU ONE OF MY DONUTS.IF YOU PAY ATTENTION HE WILL GET YOU FISH.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are flounder back there. I had e few last sunday. Try the shallower water 8'-15'. A nice slow drift will also help. Got them on Bucktail tipped with a minnow. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
See George at Sterling Harbor B&T just before you go over the bridge into WW he'll put you on the meat ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts