BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...maybe you can help me. I know I remember seeing a pic of a redfish caught last Oct. either out front or round back of Wildwood I think. Thought it was posted on the barn but I can't find it. I can see the pic clear as day in my head. Maybe I saw it at a tackle shop, mag or somewhere else online. Anyone else remember this...tell me it wasn't a dream I had. Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm not looking to fish for them or burn spots, I'm just trying to find the picture and the angler. I know it exists. SJBass, if you know where they are and catch them, then maybe you have a pic? I just need a photo of an NJ redfish.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Was it a recent pic or one of the old black and whites? I dont think many people have been flashing around any recent pics

RyanF

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't mean to mislead. I know where they maybe located based on reading about their habits and such. I am also a firm believer that they are around this area. I know they are....my father saw on caught a few years ago on the 7 mile island area. If I can hook into one this year the pictures will be one here for sure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty sure it was caught in October 07. It was a complete mistake. Guy caught it by accident and got a shot taken at a tackle shop I think. He definitely wasn't targetting them that's for sure

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
You would need a beach with a good slough to get them as they like swimming in channels correct?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I have caught a few small Redfish at corsons over the years the biggest going maybe 20 inches all caught on jigs and plastic, a few years ago while fishing a sod bank in the StoneHarbor area i witnessed a large redfish get caught on a jig and this fish was easily 30 plus pounds and illegal at the time but the fish was kept and quickly walked back to the car, i cant blame the guy for keeping it, he is not likely to catch another of that size in New Jersey. They are caught more than people realize they will make a showing right around the mullet run and sometimes stay into November depending on water temps and bait fish available.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Husband & Wife team last October, 2007 caught a 15 +/- redfish with large black spot off NW beach near the Lifeguard HQ on a very cold, stormy day. They were fishing for stripers with a yellow mullet rig with full frozen mullet. Wife caught the fish, had a hell of a time bringing it in. I ID'd the fish and weighed for 'em on the beach and told them to enter in the AC Press Fishing Contest via Jersey B&T. I think Linda submitted a NJF&W Angler Award citiation for the fish.

Linda from Jersey B&T in NW has a pic of it in the shop. It was also printed in the Jersey Cape TV listings as Jersey B&T is a prime advertiser.

Randy Roach of the Strathmere Fishing & environmental Club caught a nice red off Strathmere beach six/seven years ago on a Hopkins. He has a pic somewhere on the SFEC website.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts