BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the boat down in Morehead City it's impossible for us. If this is out there during the next weather window someone needs to fish it and post a report.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Oh man I'd love to fish that. Don't think I can hit it with my 17 footer though. Isn't that an unusual thermal phenomena for this time of year?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I was looking at the same thing but!

Gale force winds are expected mon-thurs and the 32scarab arent gunna cut it!unless of course if NOAA is wrong?:) well see if this thing gets broken up or not.:)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, it wouldn't surprise me if the wind blew 25 knots over the warm water even on a calm day on the cold side..

·
Registered
451 Posts
as soon as the big boat gets in the water and we have a weather opening we will be there with lines in.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
100 miles out + 100 miles back + trolling + generator = 550 gallons X $4.00 per gallon = someone else can go out there and let me know how they make out :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
stew,how about captain mark im sure hes keeping an eye on it.im sitting here with my jaw on the floor.next day or to it should be up against thr 1000 fathom line.good luck to anyone who goes......tuna in april on the jersey coast?

·
Banned
490 Posts
Capt Mark and myself fished this water about a week and a half ago out of oregon inlet ! we had decent sized bluefin crashing the bars but very few came tight but we did manage to get one for a guy that had never caught a tuna before so it was a good day but yes there seemed to be a good body of fish in that water

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Looks like the water is falling apart and will probably not last very long ... should be holding bluefin and probably some makos and swords ... I'd go if I had a boat and the weather as long as the water was inside the 1000

Mark

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks good

should be going down to move a boat up to pirates cove from moorehead in the near future hopefully next week

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Capt. Mark said:
Looks like the water is falling apart and will probably not last very long ... should be holding bluefin and probably some makos and swords ... I'd go if I had a boat and the weather as long as the water was inside the 1000

Mark
Hey Mark, finally closed on the boat yesterday! Ran her this morning up to the Raritan looking for the striped ones. Water was real cold! right around 40 deg. She ran real strong I will be very happy with my new ride!! She will be heading to Morehead Thursday morning I may run her down there via water. Not quite sure yet. The easier thing would be to put her on the trailer and truck it down. But that is no fun!:)

Man that body of water looks pretty good. To just have to run that far on a question mark, especially the fact that I will be fishing out of Morehead in less than one week! And gas being where it is. But it is tempting!!

If you want to fish it maybe we can take my boat on a one day troll early Tuesday morning!!

Sal

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Offshore Custom Tackle said:
Im In, Fire her up. Bet ya it would be one of those days with tons of football yellowfin and Bluefin
Georgey you go and I'll go!!! Anybody want to wet a hook in BLUE WATER!!!!

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Two thru hulls to redo this year and I am done with the complete Maint list and in.. You guys better hurry or the little boat of the Jersey fleet with be the first smacking tuna on the decks of the BB... ;)

April tuna, thats just nutts!

·
Registered
927 Posts
If that water is still around and we get a weather window I will give it a shot. Worse case we load the boat up with Tile fish.

Joe, Sal, Mike and Stew based on this weeks forecast it looks like it won't happen. Let's see what happens with the weather and if things improve I'm up for giving it a shot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts