BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this in an email from a group that I belong to:

The New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) recently made a decision to eliminate all recreational harvest of American shad from the Hudson River while continuing to allow a commercial shad fishery and gill netting. This effective privatization of the shad resource should make the hair stand up on the back of the neck of every person who believes that recreational fishing for personal food is a far more inherent right of citizenship than being able to sell fish commercially, and who also believes it is time to get all gill nets out of the Hudson.

I shot off a letter to the new Gov. of N.Y. Imagine if NJ decided to give the entire fluke quota to the commercial industry and shut down recreation fishing for the species.

·
Registered
167 Posts
they could give a crap about rec. fishing and or rec. fisherman countless bait shops marinas tackle shops the commercial fisherman feed the masses that is all they care about

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is exactly the reason everyone needs to send an email to politicos - in this case the Gov of NY. The more they get, the more we get their attention.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
RhinoScores said:
That is exactly yht reason everyone needs to send an email to politicos - in this case the Gov of NY. The more they get, the more we get their attention.
See what happens when you screw whores:)

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishenough said:
See what happens when you screw whores:)
What, you catch the shads :confused: I thought that was the crabs :p

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Isn't that what New Jersey did to the commercial portion of the striped bass quota?:confused: It was taken from them and given to the recs in the form of "bonus" catches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts