BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you solder the little brass connector to the cable? if so how.i guess i would need a torch and the brass connector kind of shrinks around the cable ?
i have replaced it before but never did it right i guess all though i had no problems with it.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crimping tool i have. the directions say,push cable through hole in drum,place copper fitting on end of cable. solder it on then tap fitting back into hole until flush.
this is a power winch 912.
if i crimp it,then the fitting will be odd shaped and not fit into hole.
i am guessing the solder is just to hold it in place while cable is wrapped around drum.
so i will use flux and solder and gun and do as the directions say.:huh:

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your talking about where the cable starts at the drum you should be good as long as you have at least three wraps on the drum when under strain, i crimp alot of cables,never heard of solder
i hear ya but to crimp it means an odd shaped fitting which then will no longer go into the round hole

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
crimping tool i have. the directions say,push cable through hole in drum,place copper fitting on end of cable. solder it on then tap fitting back into hole until flush.
this is a power winch 912.
if i crimp it,then the fitting will be odd shaped and not fit into hole.
i am guessing the solder is just to hold it in place while cable is wrapped around drum.
so i will use flux and solder and gun and do as the directions say.:huh:

I am sure there figuring that this you hold it untill you get some raps. Then the drum will do the work. If you do something different then what they say then it's on you. If you do what they say it's on them. It should work. As long as you have cable on you drum even after you all the way out.

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sure there figuring that this you hold it untill you get some raps. Then the drum will do the work. If you do something different then what they say then it's on you. If you do what they say it's on them. It should work. As long as you have cable on you drum even after you all the way out.
thats what i figure also. probably 5 or 6 ft left on the drum when in useand thats to off load at low tide. when putting back onto the trailer probably 15ft still on drum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.